C600

mike3475

we have PanelView Component C600 (2711C-T6T) and want to modify it, try to install PanelView Component DesignStation V4.0 in my laptop and one window showing up : installation or uninstallation of PanelView Component DesignSation requires Microsoft Visual Studio Shell 2008 (isolated mode) to be present on the system.

found that VS Shell 2008 (isolated mode) was unavailable in Microsoft website. can we use VS Shell 2010 (isolated mode) to replace it?

any input we appreciated!

thanks!

If you just need to make a very minor change and have lots of patience, you can use the web interface.

If you want to make more extensive modifications, use the newest Connected Components Workbench. You may have to flash the firmware on the old Panelview Component, but I believe you can do that in CCW as well.

this system includes C600 and Micro820 (2080-LC20-20AWB) and one VFD PF525. this system is working good so far.
they all connect to one Ethernet switch. we use CCW version 10.01.00-standard edition. In the project organizer in CCW Micro820 and PF525 showed up and didn't show C600. we knew Micro820 and PF525 IP addresses. we can successfully ping Micro820 and PF525 thru our plant Ethernet. we don't know how to find C600 IP address. this C600 firmware revision is 1.80.
Thanks!

If you use the Ethernet/IP driver in RSLinx you should be able to browse the network and show the IP address of the C600 HMI. Hope this helps you out.

we use Ethernet/IP driver, still can't find C600, only showed up micro820 and PF525 IP addresses.
is there another way to find C600 IP addresses. very sure C600 is at the same subnet with Micro820 and PF525.
thanks!

Last edited:
Can you access the config screen on the C600? If you can, you can go to the communications option and find the IP address of the C600. You could then use the IP address in your browser to make the changes using the software built into the C600.

we use Ethernet/IP driver, still can't find C600, only showed up micro820 and PF525 IP addresses.
is there another way to find C600 IP addresses. very sure C600 is at the same subnet with Micro820 and PF525.
thanks!

Isolate the network to those three devices then run angry ip scanner or wire shark. Process of elimination since you already know two of them, the one with the unique up address should be the c600. In this situation I would use angry up scanner. Will take about 3 seconds to show in a scan.

mike3475 said:
...try to install PanelView Component DesignStation V4.0 in my laptop and one window showing up : installation or uninstallation of PanelView Component DesignSation requires Microsoft Visual Studio Shell 2008 (isolated mode) to be present on the system.

found that VS Shell 2008 (isolated mode) was unavailable in Microsoft website. can we use VS Shell 2010 (isolated mode) to replace it?...

FYI - Microsoft Visual Studio Shell 2008 Service Pack 1 is installed as a prerequisite installation for PanelView Component DesignStation 3.0 and 4.0.

This means it is included in the installation package. You should be able to find the executable for it unpacked here "C:\VS 2008 Shell Redist\Isolated Mode".

However, DesignStation is quite old now and is officially obsoleted by Rockwell. It is not supported under Windows 10, for instance. Best advice from Rockwell and as mentioned above, is indeed to use CCW instead.

ID: BF23746 | Access Levels: Everyone
PanelView Component DesignStation: Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application.

On browsing to your C600 (2711C-T6T) terminal in CCW...

mike3475 said:
...In the project organizer in CCW Micro820 and PF525 showed up and didn't show C600...we use Ethernet/IP driver, still can't find C600, only showed up micro820 and PF525 IP addresses...

Unfortunately, and unless it is being added with later versions of CCW and firmware for these terminals (CCW v13 is imminent and no mention of it), you cannot browse to a PanelView Component terminal using RSLinx Classic or Discover in CCW. These lesser terminals are not designed to be browsed by RSLinx Classic drivers. They use a built in web interface only, as has been mentioned.

Support for an Upload feature was added in CCW v10 and this adds an "Upload" button into the software, regardless of which type of HMI terminal you are adding. However, even though the button is present, it will only work for the PanelView 800 class terminals (at firmware 4 or above) and not the Component class terminals. This can be confusing, of course.

If you don't have the original application for the C600 already in your project, or a copy saved somewhere, you cannot upload it over an Ethernet connection through RSLinx/CCW. You must either perform certain edits via an online browser session using the IP address you have now gleaned and opening the PanelView Explorer webpage OR you may upload the application file (CHA) directly from the terminal using a USB stick, the Ethernet link you are attempting, or a USB link. Which ever way you may choose to transfer the application file to your computer, you may then import it into your CCW project and edit it in there. Once done, you may then use the Download button in the project for the C600 instance you will have created.

You may find that simply editing the terminal via PanelView Explorer in a web browser is sufficient. But if you have CCW and the project for the rest of the hardware (controller/drive) then it makes more sense and is more organized to have all the hardware within the CCW project. The choice is yours though.

See here for more information -

PanelView Component HMI Terminals

Any further questions, shoot.

Regards,
George