GX Works2 vs GX Works3

gleblanc

What's the comparison between GX Works2 and GX Works3. The new Mitsubishi Factory webpage seems to imply that Works3 only has support for the iQ-F and iQ-R controllers. Does this mean that it doesn't work with FX, or the older Q series CPUs?

Are there any compelling new features in this version? I'm about to receive a whole new assembly line with a Q-CPU (still negotiating which one) as the master controller.

What's the comparison between GX Works2 and GX Works3. The new Mitsubishi Factory webpage seems to imply that Works3 only has support for the iQ-F and iQ-R controllers. Does this mean that it doesn't work with FX, or the older Q series CPUs?

This is correct.

Are there any compelling new features in this version? I'm about to receive a whole new assembly line with a Q-CPU (still negotiating which one) as the master controller.

From what I have seen so far, GX Works 3 is still in it's infancy. It's a new development environment and I've had issues with some basic functions which have made it frustrating and cumbersome. Although I can't say I'm much of a fan of GX Works 2 either.

Is this correct? I just bought a copy of GX works 3 to support some new equipment we are installing. I haven't loaded it on my computer yet. The processor on our new stuff is Q04UDEHCPU. Are you saying this software will not work for me? What will work? Thanks.

Is this correct? I just bought a copy of GX works 3 to support some new equipment we are installing. I haven't loaded it on my computer yet. The processor on our new stuff is Q04UDEHCPU. Are you saying this software will not work for me? What will work? Thanks.

Q Series requires GX Works 2.

Check the installer files/documentation of the software you purchased, GX Works 2 might have been bundled with it.

Software Link:
https://us.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/products/controllers/programmable-controllers-melsec/engineering-software

Capture.JPG

Last edited: