GX Works2

yngbld13

Have a used machine we recently purchased. Originally had an AB PLC and all I/O wires are marked accordingly (I:14/00, O:16/03, etc). Mitsubishi Q series PLC was installed well before we purchased machine but I/O wire labels were not updated to reflect Mitsubishi designations (X160, Y201, etc). No prints were supplied w/ the machine, but good copies of program w/ labels and aliases for all I/O in GX developer. So I have a good working cross reference in the ladder by turning aliases and symbols on at the same time. Would like to convert project over to GX Works2 format, but don't want to lose my aliases from GX developer. Is there any good way to import the aliases from GX developer? There are only six 32 bit I/O cards so I would even re-type them if needed but not sure how or where to attach the aliases in GX Works2? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There are only six 32 bit I/O cards so I would even re-type them if needed but not sure how or where to attach the aliases in GX Works2? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You could attach the aliases as a Comment (or a part of a Comment) to each I/O address. Click on "Edit, Documentation, Comment" so that there is a check mark next to Comment on the menu. Now you can click on any program address and enter or edit a text Comment for that address.

You should turn on Comments, Notes, Statements, and Aliases, by clicking on "View". Then open the Comment List by clicking on the top menu drop-down list for "Program, Device Comment, Parameter, Device Memory". Change this list selector from Program to Device Comment, and also set the box to the right to "COMMENT". Now you should see a list of all Devices, with the Comment (if any), but also the Alias for that device.

If you reduce your window sizes, you can display part of the ladder and the Comment List at the same time.

GX Program Comments.jpg

Last edited: