Simatic HMI login problems.

**Bolty**

Evening all,

I'm currently trying to get my head round the siemens s7 and the simatic hmi range and have hit a problem with a simatic hmi.

(why couldn't my employer stick with AB stuff that I can work on comfortably :confused:)

I can login to the hmi using both the operator login or the engineer login and passwords and get access to the pages within no problem. The problem lies when I try to access a page used for setpoints or to clear alarm history.

Both the logins should allow access to this page but neither work?. Does this sound like a password problem (I'm aware that after a few trys to login if the login is wrong the user gets locked out) or sound like an issue with the hmi program?.

Both these logins have worked fine in the past to gain access to the setpoints and alarm history I'm assured by the operator, with this just being a recent problem.

I do have access to the hmi program (albeit its been done on wincc 2005 and I'm using wincc 2008) as part of the intergrated project files that contain both the S7-300 program and the hmi program.

Phew... my question is can I recover the passwords by reloading the hmi project back into the hmi or is there an easier way & should this allow full access to the pages I've described?.

Any other hints and tips for the simatic hmi's?.

They seem a quality piece of kit but they do not seem user friendly or intuitive, especially the software side of things ;)

Thanks,

Bolty.

What message appears when you try to access the alarm page ?

Btw. I find it bad programming style that you have to login just to access the alarm page, just to observe the alarms.

Thanks for the reply.

There is no message. I can gain access to most of the hmi screens but a couple of them will not allow me in. (setpoints for pumping plans and pump alarms to be specific)

That's why I'm unsure if it's a login issue or something to do with the hmi program.

I agree that logging in just to view alarms is bad practice. The integrator who developed this hmi setup could do with a b*llocking. I suspect this is the usual of paying peanuts, you get monkeys!

Regards,

Bolty.

You should investigate the setup of users and usergroups in WinCC Flexible, and what userlevel is needed to operate the elements to change the screen to the alarm view and to acknowledge alarms.
For each of these elements investigate the Properties .. Security .. Authorization.

thanks Jesper (y). I'll have a look at the users & userlevels when I get a chance.

I need to get some time under my belt with wincc flex and play around with a spare hmi to see if I can get my head around how it works.

Regards,

Bolty.