Sysmac c200hx

A very big T H A N K Y O U to Geniusintraining (plccable.com) for having the two cables I needed, got them to me overnight, and I am now riding the dinosaur.

Depending on how the code is written, you may consider uploading the DM area as well. Values may exist in the DM areas you would need to understand the program, they can also be used to set up special I/O units.

They do not upload when you upload the ladder.

Hope this helps

Depending on how the code is written, you may consider uploading the DM area as well. Values may exist in the DM areas you would need to understand the program, they can also be used to set up special I/O units.

They do not upload when you upload the ladder.

Hope this helps

The DM area? I have a manual for it. I am in one of those situations where I have:
- no documentation of any kind
- no original project
- system has been down for 2 weeks, then they called me in, after the plant "experts" have already messed with it.
- It started as a functioning CNC rail guided vehicle (RGV) that tipped-over.

.....basically worst case scenario, and I am learning by the seat of my britches! On top of all this, I have Yaskawa servo packs that have been obsolete for 12 years. The Omron tech told me the PLC has been obsolete for just about as long. All the while, this entire disaster has become my fault now. Normally I would laugh about it but I have heard "is it running yet?" at least 1,000 times! Next one to ask is going out the window, head-first! So, reading the manual isn't an option at this point.....as silly as that sounds. Thanks for allowing me to rant. :sick:

Forum below has active Omron users, it may be of help:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/forum/17-omron/

I would suggest upgrading the system. Easy upgrade!
the C200HX CPU can be upgraded to CS1G (Pick from several CPU's)
Same power supply
New rack (the one that can use C200H cards and CS1 cards)
Same I/O cards. (special I/O cards get tricky as their address's may change)

If I remember correctly, CXP (Omron PLC programing software, part of CX1)
can be used to "Convert" the old program to work with the CS1G CPU.

As GT Support said, the I/O cards will tell alot about this system.
If it has a motion card, certain data and maybe a program will also exist in the cards memory. (Another upload)

Regarding uploading all memory areas, including the DM area (Data Memory):
With your brief overview of the system, say a Yaskawa (moving the AGV) goes to position #1.
Position #1 is a fixed distance from the origin and never changes. A lazy programer could load the value of position #1 into DMxxxx. (the value could be in encoder pulses, or scaled) The program would than tell the Yaskawa, Mov to position stored in DMxxxx. (Just uploading the ladder, you would never see the position #1 value)

Hope this helps.

What modules are in the system?
That will tell us a lot.

It has an MD292, RM201 and an MC421. It has 3 Yaskawa Sigma1 servo packs connected to it which are driving a Hitachi Seiki rail guided vehicle which loads pallets onto a Hitachi Seiki vertical machining center. The other piece to this puzzle is a carousel that the RGV loads the tombstones onto so the operator can place parts onto it.

Forum below has active Omron users, it may be of help:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/forum/17-omron/

I would suggest upgrading the system. Easy upgrade!
the C200HX CPU can be upgraded to CS1G (Pick from several CPU's)
Same power supply
New rack (the one that can use C200H cards and CS1 cards)
Same I/O cards. (special I/O cards get tricky as their address's may change)

If I remember correctly, CXP (Omron PLC programing software, part of CX1)
can be used to "Convert" the old program to work with the CS1G CPU.

As GT Support said, the I/O cards will tell alot about this system.
If it has a motion card, certain data and maybe a program will also exist in the cards memory. (Another upload)

Regarding uploading all memory areas, including the DM area (Data Memory):
With your brief overview of the system, say a Yaskawa (moving the AGV) goes to position #1.
Position #1 is a fixed distance from the origin and never changes. A lazy programer could load the value of position #1 into DMxxxx. (the value could be in encoder pulses, or scaled) The program would than tell the Yaskawa, Mov to position stored in DMxxxx. (Just uploading the ladder, you would never see the position #1 value)

Hope this helps.

Thank you.....it does help.

You will need CX Motion to upload from the MC (Motion Control) card.
This is part of CX1 (I think there is also a hand held programmer)

Lots of ways to set up Yaskawa Servo system and Omron Motion card.
Most likely at the time this system was designed (seems like a while ago) Omron and Yaskawa had a very close relationship. Not as much currently.

Two typical ways I have dealt with:
A.
PLC does most of the work, it can see the Yaskawa servo motor encoder values. The PLC tells the MC card how fast, direction and encoder distance to move, than commands the MC card to move. The MC card via (hardwire) tells the Yaskawa drive to move. Once move is complete the MC card tells the PLC. The MC card handles ramp up/down origin routines and commanding the Yaskawa etc.
B.
PLC tells MC card to start MC card program#x. MC card has G code and a point list. Once program is done, MC card tells the PLC

In both A and B, the Yaskawa servo drive has a multi-conductor cable connecting the servo drive to the MC card. For the Yaskawa to work with the Omron MC card, some minor configuration is done in the servo drive. (in the Yaskawa Sigma servo systems I have worked on)

So.... the long way around to your question about just uploading from the MC card, NO, I would still upload the DM area.

I would still upload the DM area.

Still working on figuring that one out. This unit doesn't have a hand programmer, although it probably once did. It does have this little HMI-looking thing that the operator says he uses to jog the unit in manual and he sets his absolute positions with it. I am trying to figure out how I could upload the graphics from this thing because I would imagine it would be a treasure chest of information for me.

Also, I had the PLC incorrect. It is a CS1G-CPU44V1. There is another piece to this disaster the operator calls a "carousel" which is what has the C200HX PLC.

Last edited:
Did you get online with the CS1G using CXP?
If yes, when you are online, on the left side of the screen you can upload the memory areas.

Is the MC card in the CS1G PLC?
If yes, is it a C200H-MC421 or CS1G-MC421?

A photo of the front and back of the HMI might allow us to help.