Panelview plus c1000

glenn.maze

Hello

I have a controller MicroLogix 1400 and a Panelview c1000.
It seems that the Panelview has frozen because when I connect on the plc, I can see all the data coming from my Turbine (Temp, speed...) but it doesn't appear on the HMI. I recycle power but nothing. What could be the problem ??

I have a new HMI but the extension if a .CHA file. Can someone tells me how to transfer it into the new HMI ??

The first thing I'd do is some basic diagnostic and determine why the data isn't showing up. This may be something as simple as a bad cable.
If it is a bad PV then moving/converting the file is going to depend on what you are replacing the old PV with. If you are going to use a PanelView 800 or Component then CCW would be appropriate but any of the other PanelView's requires Factory Talk View Studio for configuration.

Load the file on flash drive root. Plug in to HMI USB.
You will need to get to HMI config screen!
File manager, source in USB, copy.
Change source back to internal.
High lite the new file, set to startup, run.
If the file has the same name I would move old to another flash drive and delete it from HMI. You can overwrite it the old will be unloaded.

Another issue would be version of firmware of HMI and CCW version used to make update.
You state it’s a C1000 so that’s older HMI. Old version of CCW being used pre 8 will likely work. Firmware can be update to make that work.

I think version 4.? And lower firmware allow for web based connection to HMI small USB to PC USB. There is a driver. You open MS browser enter IP and you are connected to HMI. You can do everything that way like CCW. That’s how I started.