Slow Release Relay in Telepace Ladder Logic

BillRobinson

Hi All,
I'm new to this ladder logic game and I'm writing some pump logic. The logic needs to use an equivalent to a slow release
timer; the logic has to know that a pump "WAS JUST ON". For those who don't know what a slow release time does it has the following I/O characteristics

..............................._____________.............
Input _____________|..................... |____________

.................................._____________________..........
Output _____________|................................... |_________
{slow release}

Now I've tried using a timers, to reproduce this with no success. The timers in Telepace Ladder Logic look like the following

....................Timer Start -[ Limit ]- Timer = Limit
......................................[Timer ]
.................Timer Enable -[_____]- Timer < Limit

Any Ideas?

Last edited:
Is this an OFF Delay situation i.e. you want to start a pump and have it run for X amount of time then stop?

If so then try latching your pump on and include a NOT T1=limit bit:

Pump On T1=limit Pump
|---+--[ ]-----+----[/]--------( )--|
| | Pump |
|---+--[ ]-----|

Add the timer and use the pump to enable it, when times out it should reset to zero and require Pump On button to restart.

I just took a quick glance at the software so not sure of the details or what you need.

Give this a try:

For those not familar with ControlMicrosystems SCADAPack
they scan like Modicon PLC's, Top to bottom Left to Right

DelayTimer.jpg

Last edited: