slc 5/03 doesn't communicate with PV600

moonert

Hello,

Iam quite new with AB plc's and panelviews so i have a question:First I give data of the stuff I got: SLC5/03
PV 600 2711-B6C9 rev 3.3
1747-PIC
2711-nc13

When I connect the plc directly to the 1747-pic and the laptop I have a connection;upload,download no problem.

When I connect the PV600 directly to the pc with 2711-nc13 I can upload en download.No problem.

When I connect the plc (rs232)to the panelview (communicationport)with 2711-NC13 I have no connection.

I have set the channels to the correct adres and baudrate so this can't be the problem.

The node adres of the pc=0
The node adres of the plc=1
The node adres of the pv=2
Al the baudrates are 19200.

Do I need to write the software in the plc first in order to make connection with the pv?I think I can make a connection directly without writing the software first.
Can somebody give me any hints to make a connection between the pv and the plc?

thanks for the effort!

grtz Simon

Last edited:
If all is good, you should be able to "SEE" all nodes in RSLINX.
(How exactly are you connecting them all together?) I didn't see any AIC module or anything mentioned.

I dont have access to the PV part number, but I assume that it is a DH-485 model, by the sounds of things. If that is the case, you will need and NET-AIC module to create a link so that you can get the two working together,along with your PC.

You don't need any program running to communicate, but you may get "Errors" on the PV screen until your PLC is in Run mode an addressing properly.

Let me know if you still need a hand.

The 9 pin port on the PLC must be set to the DH485 protocol. I believe its default protocol is DF1. The easiest way to do this is to define the setting of that port in an empty program and download it.

Secondly - I believe you will have to use a 'null modem,' type cable (pins 2-3 swapped, 5 straight through), between the Panelview and the PLC.

Hi,

First of all,thanks for the help!The system is up and running!The only thing I changed is the node adres of channel 0(rslogix).It is working with the DH485 protocol but the node number was three.I changed it to 5 and the PV give error 613(network ok but no access to node)instead of 612 (no active nodes found on network).I don't no what I did wrong but its communicating (P2P)finaly.
I always need this module (AIC) to get the three of them online at the same time?

grtz Simon

Yes. That is the PROPER way to provide linking to the DH-485 network.
There are quite a few topics on this forum, just type in Net AIC in the search settings...

Hi:
I also have a problem connecting my laptop with PV600 Plus
Previously, I used 2706-nc13 to connect my laptop with PV600, there was no problem.

Now, I've got a new PV600 Plus (2711P-T6C8D Ethernet/Rs-232/DH+)

I do the samething: connect my laptop to PV600 Plus using the cable 2706-nc13, but it does not work anymore.

In RSLinx Lite, I already have driver AB-DF1: DH485 (since it was connected to the SLC5/04 previously)
I run Configure.../Auto-configure
But RSLinx cannot determine the baud and parity
Here is the message
"Fail to find baud and parity. Check all cables and switch settings".
The cable is from AB, there should not be any problem, and there is no problem with the old PV600.

Looking at the new PV600 I see DH+ but the driver has DH485 so I delete the driver
Add it back, run auto-configure
This time, it was successful
I see now AB-DF1 with DH+ instead of DH485

But at Device (in the configuration dialog) I see "Logix 5550/Compact Logix" instead of "SLC-CH0/PanelView/Micro" as usual
I guess that it is because the new PV600 Plus is equipped with FactoryTalkView ME Station 5.0

My RSLinx Lite version is 2.43 (CPR 6)

Seeing that the communication is good. I launch PanelBuilder32 and download my application through RSLinx Network
I see the node PanelView 600 Plus and select it.
Then I receive this message during the first step "Identifying operator terminal"

Error 2288: Host has a problem and will not communicate
Info 2288: If you are browing a ControlLogix backplane, verify that you have selected a correct module
Info 2288: If you are using a direct connection to a PanelView via DF1, insure that the PanelView does not have its printer port enabled

I think that "direct connection to a PanelView via DF1" fits my situation. So I try to disable the printer port of the PanelView.

Now I really get confuse. There is no switch in the terminal.
On the terminal, FTView is running with two available menu items
Load application (however, there is no application to load now)
Terminal settings

So I think that Terminal settings is the direction to go.
But I cannot locate where to disable the printer port.

Please help

Thank you very much
An
I cannot find any switch at all.

My RSLinx Lite is

bitter lesson

When I started the project, the equipment was not there.
I just assumed that PV600Plus is similar to PV600 and started developing the HMI with PanelBuilder32
It turns out that PV600Plus must be programmed with RSView Studio.
So it seems that the only option is to redo everything from scratch with RSView.
Does anyone know a way to reuse partially what've been done in PanelBuilder (like messages, alarms....)?

Thank you very much
An

panelview

If you make a direct connection to the panelview with this original cable there should be no problem.Us the driver you where using and it works.The printpoort cannot be disabled in the panelview.Forget about that one ,only use the communication port.Check the baudrate on the panelview aswell.And the node adress.Hear from you.

grtz Simon

There is an import utility....BUT>....

I wouldn't use it.
You can regenerate new PV+ material with much better looking graphics, etc. PV32 apps can be imported, but they basically will look like the old Legacy PV's, in a newer, MUCH MORE expensive setup. (Although they are priced cheaper than the older PV's now)
I think the utility is in TOOLS.

Thank you for all the responses.
Yes, application developed in PanelBuilder32 (.pba) can be imported using menu FILE/New Application, then click on Import in the dialog after identifying the Application name.
Yes, the look does not exploit all the strength of PV+, but we still can recover other things like the message errors (I have hundreds of messages, so it helps a lot)

Again, thank you everyone
An