Older FactoryTalk View not working with newer FT Services Platform

MartyMaucher

So, I grab my ~2003 FactoryTalk View Studio software off the shelf and install it in Windows 7. When trying to run it, I get "FT Services Platform 2.10 is required)" even though FT Services Platform 2.30 is already installed.

Any idea why FT View Studio won't work with the newer FT Services Platform?

System:
- Windows 7
- FactoryTalk View Studio ME 5.00.00
- FactoryTalk Services Platform 2.30.01
- RSLinx Enterprise 5.30

My disclaimer is that I only work on a PLC about every 3 years, so that's why our software is a bit old.
Marty :D

Welcome to the Forum !

I'm going to be a little abrupt and cut you off at the beginning: FactoryTalk software is very sensitive to revision and patch differences. Attempting to mix incompatible platforms is a waste of everyone's time.

I very strongly recommend using a virtual machine and doing a clean installation of a single Coordinated Product Release.