Timing Product Gaps

BadGana

Hi Guys,

I want to use a SLC 500 to time gaps between products on a production line. This is part of a project to reduce variability in gaps between products.

Is there a solution to time these gaps and then store them into a data table in a way I could export it to an excel spreadsheet?

I'm assuming I'd use something like an XIO bit enabling a RTO and storing the accumulated value each rising edge of the XIO and resetting the RTO.

Let me know your ideas.

Off the cuff -

Using some sort of detector for product vs no-product, and knowing when the line was running(don't want to time when the line isn't running, pointless).
Start a timer, end when you see the next product, copy the elapsed time to a data table using a FIFO perhaps.

Or, if you have a hmi/scada that can record data(maybe something like AdvancedHMI) just record each 'elapsed time' as it occurs and forget the whole FIFO nonsense.