Need Advice on old TI Series 500 Controller

russf

Anyone who can Help.
We recently purchased two injection molding machines that have TI Series 500 - 530T-1112 PLC cards. These are my first presses with PLC control so I still have no idea what I am doing. I am used to old relays and limit swithches. The machines were both running fine with no interface from any external devices. To make a long story short the battery went dead on the one PLC and we managed to erase the eprom or all memory so needless to say I cannot get the one card to enter run mode. Is there an easy way to copy the program from the working card to the non working card. I was provided no plc software from the company we purchased the machines from. I was hoping that somebody out there might have an old copy of some software that I could use that would let me connect to a laptop and move the memory from the one card to the other. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid you are going to have to purchase the software. You might be able to find a "used" copy of TiSoft on ebay or at a "second hand" plc vendor. Your cheapest option might be to pay someone with the software to do the transfer for you, but that wouldn't help in the future.

I'd replace the whole thing. Send me a pm(private message) for more info. I've been rebuilding and retrofitting IMM's for quite a while.

Walt