TwinCAT 3 how to show Visualization only

mhismail

Hello Guys,

Let's say that i have Beckhoff IPC and a Panel PC , where they should work as follows

1) The IPC is where the engineering is done.

2) The IPC has OPC-UA licence and is connected to a panel-PC which is located far from the IPC , but both are in the same network and both have OPC-UA

3)The IPC will function as OPC-Server (engineer side) , the Panel-PC will function as OPC-Client (user side) ...and each one of them has its own visualization (by twincat plc)

everything is fine till now, the coding and everything is ok

The Problem:
---------------

the IPC is accepted to show the windows desktop and all other windows including twincat3 visual studio

but the panel-Pc should only show the output of twincat .. for example when i press "activate configuration" then "switch to run time" ---->> "log on" to plc , then the visualization starts to work , correct ? now i want ONLY the visualization to work on the panle-pc , i don't want any desktop ,any ability to "minimize , maximize open another exe" and so on. The user shouldn't even be able to see the coding ,correct?

i think this is what happens in the case of a machine HMI and also scada HMI , right?

How can i achieve this ?

thank you in advance

P.S: if the plc-visualization doesn't support such a thing , i can migrate all my buttons and other controls to c++or C# (exe)

Hi Karlek ,

I will check the link you posted , but Is the user able to do any of these:
a) press alt + tab
b) press alt + ctrl + delete
c) call task manager
d) press minimize (if existed)
and so on

If the user can't ( i.e , forced to that screen ONLY ) then that is the answer to my question

so , could he ?

about your question : in general , yes ...but Panel-pc has higher CPU specs than control panels ( core i7 , RAM , etc) and the client side may run other modules by calling them through the HMI , so not only visualization , in general we are still studying this (display only or panel-pc)

Thank you a lot , and I will let you know if the above link is what i am seeking

Hi Karlek ,

I will check the link you posted , but Is the user able to do any of these:
a) press alt + tab
b) press alt + ctrl + delete
c) call task manager
d) press minimize (if existed)
and so on

If the user can't ( i.e , forced to that screen ONLY ) then that is the answer to my question

so , could he ?

about your question : in general , yes ...but Panel-pc has higher CPU specs than control panels ( core i7 , RAM , etc) and the client side may run other modules by calling them through the HMI , so not only visualization , in general we are still studying this (display only or panel-pc)

Thank you a lot , and I will let you know if the above link is what i am seeking

There is definitely no minimize button once the visualization is started (you only see visualization screen you created in TwinCAT 3).

As for your other questions (Alt + Tab, etc.) I am not 100% sure because I used Twincat PLC HMI on Panel PC with Windows CE operating system and I don't even know if these key combinations exist on Windows CE (no Task manager in Win CE).

There is definitely no minimize button once the visualization is started (you only see visualization screen you created in TwinCAT 3).

As for your other questions (Alt + Tab, etc.) I am not 100% sure because I used Twincat PLC HMI on Panel PC with Windows CE operating system and I don't even know if these key combinations exist on Windows CE (no Task manager in Win CE).

Very well , the statement you wrote "no Task manager in Win CE" just solved the questions in my mind , the os of the IPC we are targeting from Beckhoff is Windows 10 IoT enterprise . This link answers everything

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/windows-iot-enterprise

Thank you karlek , you answered my question