Safety relay problem

patelaksh30

Hello,

I have started working in one automotive manufacturing company and we are using AB plc here. I am keep getting this problem recently that my safety relay stops working and entire line goes out of power. When I clear minor faults from Rslogix5000 then again it start working normally for few days and again safety relay faults out again. When safety relay stops working, On Rslogix5000 I/O ok starts blinking and it shows me some valve banks are faulted in tree on left bottom.
Any suggestions to tackle this problem?

Thank you in advance.

I guess you can check what exactly are the minor faults, before you clear them. And if you write them here, then someone can guess what is the problem. Anyway, it seems that the SR powers down some module. (or faults it)

Do you have discrepancy checks on the safety relay? Perhaps the time is a bit on the wee side.
EMC can also cause safety relays/controllers to drop.

And yes, check all your diagnostics, they are usually helpful.

Please include the part numbers of the devices you are using. Since you said you have to clear errors in RSLogix 5000, I am assuming you are using networked safety and a safety processor?