Cable for input devices

lthorns

I'm currently working on a machine and have found that a cable has a short in it somewhere, however it a very long cable and is wrapped in some flexible conduit, and instead of cutting the cable apart and looking for a broken wire or something i thought to replace the entire cable. the cable runs from the PLC directly to a box with the wiring of some prox switches, its basically just a nice little pre twisted and wrapped cable with about 24 wires you can run from your plc to field devices. The part number for the cable is A1221612 and the brand is Lutze however i can't find the cable on their website was wondering if anyone knows of a similar cable that would work for what i'm doing.

Didn't look up your part number. Guessing at specs based on description. Assuming 12 pair control cable. Look at this Belden cable from Mouser to see if it's what you're looking for. Note as paired cable, it will have 12 black wires. All of them should go to 24DC return. If you want 24 colors, then don't search for paired. Just look for Multiconductor "Control" cable.

Edit. Your part number is 16 gauge, 12 conductor. Not 24 conductors. Similar cable from Automation Direct.

Last edited: