Wonderware Condition Script

willcheung12

I have an intouch condition script that generates 8 different csv files everyday at 0830 and populates them with totals for the previous day. For some reason, some of the files stopped generating, but some still generate.

They pull data from the PLC, so regardless of what the PLC is telling intouch what the values are, I would expect Wonderware to generate the csv files.

Does anybody have any insight into how scripts are run in intouch? I've done a bunch of research, but can't understand why only some of the csv files are being made.

Intouch v6.0b running on Windows2000

I have an intouch condition script that generates 8 different csv files everyday at 0830 and populates them with totals for the previous day. For some reason, some of the files stopped generating, but some still generate.

They pull data from the PLC, so regardless of what the PLC is telling intouch what the values are, I would expect Wonderware to generate the csv files.

Does anybody have any insight into how scripts are run in intouch? I've done a bunch of research, but can't understand why only some of the csv files are being made.

Intouch v6.0b running on Windows2000

The first thing I'd do is look at the conditions that trigger the various scripts. I would assume that the scripts that stopped running had a different trigger condition from the others and that the condition is no longer becoming true for some reason.

I suppose it's also possible that the scripts are running but are getting some kind of error when attempting to create the file.

Check the date/time format in Windows against how the date and time is built in the script.
The Intouch script may be pulling time from the $Date and $Time tags. They will report the same format of Windows "Regional Settings".

Check the date/time format in Windows against how the date and time is built in the script.
The Intouch script may be pulling time from the $Date and $Time tags. They will report the same format of Windows "Regional Settings".

I have encountered scripts that rely upon the Windows time format using underscores ( _ ) rather than slashes ( / ).

I personally don't like to have an application rely upon a non-standard Windows setting in that way.

I put flags in the script to check if every csv file gets generated and put them in the event log and suddenly all the files got generated. Not sure why it decided to finally work.

I have encountered scripts that rely upon the Windows time format using underscores ( _ ) rather than slashes ( / ).

I personally don't like to have an application rely upon a non-standard Windows setting in that way.

I use some date/time scripts where I am using "String" commands to read characters of the date (ie.. to convert 01/10/19 to 011019) for filenames.
However this still requires a certain setting in Windows regional settings to be set in Windows....it must be mm/dd/yy....not m/d/yy (which would be 1/10/19 and not 01/10/19)
The reason I usually change the windows regional setting to be 01-10-19 instead of 01/10/19 is if someone accidentally changes the regional setting to be m/d/yy then I will ended up getting a "/" in my string command and a "/" is not acceptable for a filename....but a "-" is. I never use an underscore, only a dash.