Advanced Programming for ML100, examples wanted!

Mikey Likezit

I have a home-built trainer, with (2) Micrologix 1100, some I/o, lots of blinkey lights, and (2) displays with AdvancedHMI. I use this to keep my brain from getting mushy after retirement. During my working years, occasionally I would find a line or two of code, sometime more that stood out and made me say "WOW! That's neat!" That is the type examples I'm looking for. If you are the proud owner of such code, PM me or furnish a web link or whatever, please!. The more time I spend on the computer, the less time to bother my wife, and she will thank you.
Mikey Likezit
Volunteer village idiot
Cleveland County Arkansas

We had a few projects over the years where one of our guys wrote some serial comms between PLC Digital Outputs and Servo Drive Digital Inputs (1 Bit Data and 1 Bit Strobe). I always thought this was pretty cool. The original stuff was 32 bit, but in recent years an upgrade to an old system saw it go to 64 bits.

If you're wondering, it's because we needed to send several values to the drive, and they didn't have any fieldbus comms. The values are periodically transferred and stored in the drive.

You could do this PLC-PLC with your two MLs.

have you looked at offset addressing, using blocks of memory as if they were arrays?
I have a lump of code that loads schedules with projected water consumption whilst keeping an eye reservoir level.
If it isn't going to spill then save the water until it is most cost effective to use it.
It handles 3 different export priorities across as many as 6 scheduled time slots...

Start with slot 1, the highest priority but not necessarily the the first chronological slot.
fill it and if there is still projected capacity at the end of the day move on to slot 2
and so on.

I cant give you the code but I would be more than happy to help you with the structures required to write it.
There are some novel concepts, day seconds for example which allows any time to be expressed using a single integer which make time calculation much easier.

Al