ABB VFD acs 800 error code 5410

hse112

Hi everyone,
i know its not the right place for that sort of question , but i need help so please excuse me .
i have an ABB acs 800 vfd and i am experiencing two problems may be connected together or may be not.
first , my vfd shuts down the controlled motor when the electricity shuts down momentarialy (N.B i have another 3 vfds, this problem isnt happening).
When i turn off the vfd or electricity cuts off and gets back another fault appears.
the code is 5410 int config.
i read the manual , its talking about cleaning optical fibres or something like this.
i need help if someone experienced something like this or may have a solution for it .

Strange. I thought a VFD was supposed to shut down on a loss of electricity.

I remember a very old VFD . . probably first generation . . it was running a conveyor and the installer had it turned on or off with a selector switch. When we had a momentary power loss the VFD would shut down (loss of power) and when the power came back on the VFD would slam power back to the motors - which were out of phase with the VFD and it would blow five or six transistors out of it. We added a control relay which would drop out and keep the VFD shut down till somebody pushed a reset / start button.
Poet.

Strange. I thought a VFD was supposed to shut down on a loss of electricity.

I remember a very old VFD . . probably first generation . . it was running a conveyor and the installer had it turned on or off with a selector switch. When we had a momentary power loss the VFD would shut down (loss of power) and when the power came back on the VFD would slam power back to the motors - which were out of phase with the VFD and it would blow five or six transistors out of it. We added a control relay which would drop out and keep the VFD shut down till somebody pushed a reset / start button.
Poet.
Most modern VFDs now have what's generically referred to a "flying restart" wherein the VFD senses the back EMF of a spinning motor and matches it's output frequency to "catch" it spinning and regain control, avoiding that exciting transistor fireworks display. But yeah, before that came about it was a real problem.

hse112,
As I told you in another forum, this is indicative of a communications problem with the boards and sub-systems within the VFD and is either a bad fiber optic connection (hopefully) or a defective board or output transistor. The fact that your VFD shuts down on a power loss is relatively normal behavior. You said you had other VFDs that don't do this, THAT would be unusual. they likely have something added to them to prevent that.