Emulating a factory talk view project

If your linx is the free RS Linx Lite, it doesn't support OPC/DDE communications.

I have the rslinx gateway. Also ft view uses rslinx enterprise and not the rslinx classic for communication

Robertmee is correct. You can, and you need to use RS Linx Classic OPC/DDE server with a Topic configuration in order to do this with an emulated backplane. You are able to use FactoryTalk Linx and/or RSLinx Classic in FactoryTalk View.

Here is a rough example on how to accomplish what you are asking.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archive/index.php/t-67064.html

I'm confused. I've never had to use DDE for emulate. I always use an emulator connection under backplane.

No, you're right....for FT. I was thinking back to RSView32 and Wonderware days. WW never had an ABCIP driver for emulate and I don't believe RSView32 supported direct emulate comms, so the only way was via DDE topic in Linx.