Toshiba EX100 Programming Access Help

The Save was Good. The attached file shows how to Open the program Offline and do a Print workaround. This is without using a Hardware Key. You can use this procedure to create the text ladder file like in my last post. It's a slow, tedious procedure for large programs.

Wow, cool work around! I wondered how you got the print out with out a hardware lock/key. Thank you for taking the time to create the text files for me.

Hi Daleroe, Great thread, Thank you and especially jrwb4gbm. its been enlightening. We have an EX100 - PU11A (V2.1) that we would like to figure out what its current programing is like and possibly re-program it.

I was looking at jrwb4gbm's converter loop schematic...

How reproducible is your adapter(PLC programming port -> Computer com port)? Any pics or idea if its available anywhere?

Welcome to the forum!
The converter built by the schematic diagram works, according to Daleroe. The biggest problem you will find is getting a connector for the PLC end. See post 20 for the supplier source (Mouser). I would recommend that you order the parts and build it yourself or have someone build the convertor for you. You can probably buy a RS232 to RS485 current loop converter, but you will still have to figure out how to hook up the Fujitsu FCN-361-P008 connector. Check your Private messages for some additional info.

Hello Kos,
Sorry I've been away for sometime with family concerns. Sadly I've been unable to continue the project and bring it to completion. Yes, the current loop adapter as depicted in the schematic by jrwb4gbm is fully functional! The help that I received from jrwb4gbm on and off the forum has been exemplary. I have never dealt with a kinder or more helpful person. I built the circuit on a breadboard to try it out and it worked flawlessly after I found out the connector wasn't seating properly at the programming port. I'd say it took about 1-1/2 hours to build it. The bulk of the time was planning component locations. I'd say I could build it again in 20 minutes. I am reaching a point where I should have some more time to devote to this project. I will snap some photos and post them when I get a chance.

Hello again, thanks for replies back then. I'm just checking back now that I might be revisiting this problem. Dale did you get anywhere with programming this Toshiba unit?

Hello again, thanks for replies back then. I'm just checking back now that I might be revisiting this problem. Dale did you get anywhere with programming this Toshiba unit?
@Kos,
Is there anything specific that I can help you with?

I haven't really attempted anything yet. I'm hoping to figure out if its worth trying to program this Toshiba unit at all. We wanna figure out what the programming of our EX-100 is like mostly just to be able to troubleshoot the system its running.

Well, for starters, the whole thing, in a short summary, is that it is fairly old technology. The interface is most likely not available without building or having one built. The information is certainly available right here in this thread on how to build it. The software is DOS based and you should use a computer with Windows98 or older. It will run under Windows XP Pro using the Run... "Command" feature, but it is still a DOS program and not "Point and Click". Other than that, it really isn't terribly hard to learn, just different, and nothing to be afraid of. I will be glad to help any way I can.

Amazing thread guys!

I'll be taking on a project quite like this pretty soon, I'll use your cable and the software... I'll let you know how it goes.

Zihad

Hi everyone, I am tired about EX-PDD download, can anyone give me
the valid link to download the mentioned software.
Thanks

Hi everyone, I am tired about EX-PDD download, can anyone give me
the valid link to download the mentioned software.
Thanks

This toshiba system is so old I gave up and switched Allen Bradly. I recommend doing the same. Unless you found a link to the software in which case, by all means, post it

PROGRAMMING PORT versus COMPUTER LINK PORT

Yeah! :D Thank you jrwb4gbm! (y) The interface works! My problem was the programming port mating connector. It was making intermittent contact which caused the error. Once I got it corrected I had no problem accessing the ladder logic via the PDD v3 software. I can save it but I don't have anyway to open or print it out with out a hardware key. :( I think I can edit it online, however I really need a print out to follow the logic and locate where the problem is.

Does anyone have the capability to print the ladder logic out for me?🤞🏻

TOSHIBA EX100 EXPDD CABLES; SOFTWARE; ETC........
Greetings daleroe and jrwb4gbm!
I'm working on a system with a PU11A, since last Friday... they are not down. I have to make some adjustments and of course backup the code, etc. They haven't a clue who the original OEM was.

I just wasted a bunch of time getting an RS232 to 485/422 converter attached to a FCN-361-P008 so I could plug into the FCN-361-J008 PROGRAMMING PORT on the PU11A CPU. I got the adaptor/converter communicating to my laptop with a terminal program "Terminal v1.9b by Br@y++" by typing,"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country>" Works like a charm. I had the same problem as you with a poor connection on the FCN-361-P008 (Fujitsu Square 8 pin connector) I was happy... THEN........ (I learn slow...) ...... ooops ....

After reading your posts 15 times or so, over and over and Googling and chatting and phone calling with Toshiba; Black Box; BnB; PLC CONCEPTS notes, and on and on
It looks like I just spent two days putting together something to communicate with the "COMPUTER LINK PORT" on an ENHANCED MODULE ! I should have been focused on the PROGRAMMING PORT (I was in my head) and I just realized, oh shoot... the programming port is what? 232 to Current Loop? What the heck is that? Now I'm lost.

I Googled the Current Loop to 232 converter and found a bunch of images and links. Is this what I need? Wow. Will BnB part number: Model 232CL9R work? I'm P.S.T. I think BnB is either EST or CST time... I can call them tomorrow but I want some feedback... need some feedback.

Did you in fact use that diagram for the Current Loop adaptor? For some reason I thought it was just an RS-232 to RS-422/485 adaptor. I tried one from Black Box and then the one from PLC CONCEPTS... it works (in my lab anyway) for the 422 port...

Feed back welcome... please... <EDIT> The next post has a picture of the BnB adaptor...

Last edited: