Mitsubishi problems

gunther

Dear Sirs,

I am using a FX-232-AW with a FX-24-MR, it communicates through a home-made cable with the pc. Monitoring the plc is possible and I can read the program that is in it. I was wondering if the FX-232-AW has a build in rs232-422 converter or do I still have to use the SC-09 cable. Does someone know where I can find some documentation about the FX-232-AW?

But I have another problem. Trying to clear the memory, I have unplugged the battery. Now I can't get anything into the memory. The cpu-e led is flashing. Reading the plc's diagnostics using FXGP-win it gives an 6402 error, that would be a memory capacity setting error. Using other capacity settings then 2K didn't solve anything, it says capacity exceeded. When I monitored the following devices:
D8002 = 2
D8102 = 0 (should be the same as D8002, or am I wrong?)
D8003 = 16
D8064 = 6402
Does someone know what happend or what I did wrong?

I would be very thankfull if you could help me.

Greeting Gunther

Gunther,

D8002 is showing you have 2K memory capacity.
D8102 is for FX2Nc not applicable for your model of PLC.
D8003 is memory type, the "16" you refer to is not a recognised code.
D8064 with the code 6402 is a memory capacity setting error. You need to select 2K for your project.

Can you tell me if you have an EPROM or EEPROM installed, or are you reading from RAM.

Power the PLC down, leave off for a minute and then power up again. This should clear the CPU error LED. If you are still having problems try the following:

If you have a EPROM remove it. Try again.
If you have a EEPROM make sure the protect switch is "OFF", try again.

Set up a new project with just a few rungs of commands. Try and transfer to PLC using the verify command. If accepted, transfer your old project back.

Hope this is of use.

Regards,

Ken R.

Ken,

There is no eeprom or eprom in the plc, it has a ram chip.
Turning of the power doesn't help. The led keeps flashing (btw the program error and cpu error led are the same). I put the plc into stop-mode by unplugging the RUN terminal. And try to put a small program or empty program in the plc but keep getting the parameter error (6402).
D8003 is memory type, the "16" is decimal, it should be "10H" = MPU memory.

Greetings Gunther.

Gunther,

This seems to stem from when you unplugged the battery. Suggest you check battery voltage on D8005, this should be around 0036 = 3.6volts.

Also, I would check the Watchdog timer D8000 is greater than D8012, the max scan time.

Regards,

Ken R.

Ken,

I checked the battery voltage, it is 3,7 Volts.
And D8000 (=100) is greater than D8012 (=0).
So that's ok, I think.

Greetings Gunther.

Gunther,

At least you can monitor.

Lets have a look at the diagnostic registers

D8061 Hardware error register.
D8064 Parameter error register.
D8065 Syntax error register.
D8066 Programme construction error register.
D8067 Operation error register.
D8068 Operation error step number register.

Look forward to seeing the codes.

Regards,

Ken R.

Gunther,

Make a copy of your programme and file secure.

Create a new project, 2K memory parameter selected, copy your original programme to the new project. Transfer to PLC and verify.

If after transfer not O/K, progressively reduce the programme by inserting the "END" command working back through the programme, transfering the programme at each insertion of the "END" command until
it comes good. This will identify the area you need to look at closely.

Saying that!!

Still believe this stems from disconnecting the battery, I would suggest that you disconnect the battery again, power down the PLC, leave off for a few minutes, re-install the battery and power the PLC up again.

Regards,

Ken R.

Ken,

I did try to move the END step by step to the beginning of the program, didn't work. I did even try to load an empty program and read the empty program that is in the plc, nothing works. Every time I get the same error. Shutting down the plc or disconnecting the battery doesn't work also. On monday I contacted the people from Mitsubishi in Holland, even they didn't know the answer, but they are working on it. I hope it can be solved.
Any other tips would be welcome. But I would like to thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Gunther

Gunther,

Just another couple of questions for you.

Have you tried creating a new project and downloading from the PLC to your PC? If so what was the size of the downloaded programme?

Have you checked for unauthorised double device usage with the device search facility?

I take it you have tried to clear the PLC memory with the clear all function in the software?

Do you have the "old" MEDOC programming software to try with? If not I could send you it to try access etc.

Regards,

Ken R.

Ken,

Using FXGP I have created a new project and tryed to download from the plc, but still getting the same parameter error.

Using Medoc v2.3 I cleared the memory with PLC all clear, created a new project and try to download from plc to medoc, but then it says Invalid plc Memory - Use function all clear. Then I cleared the memory again and try to download again, but no effect.

Checking for unauthorised double device usage how can I do that ?

Gunther

Hi Gunther, Can you get an SC-09 cable?.

I suspect your home made cable connected through the FX-232AW is not wired properly. (or at least this is where the problem lies) It sounds like you are only getting communication one way.

FYI the spec on the FX-232AW is 'Converts between RS-232 and RS422'
Has full opto-isolation and the power source is taken from the communication lines. (Or maybe this unit is faulty)

I would feel happier if you tried to clear the PLC memory with a SC-09.

I have had many a flashing 'fault' led that if all else fails, a complete memory wipe has cured it.

At last, I got me a SC-09 cable from a friend. And it works !!!! It seems that the little electronics that is in the cable does the trick.

:site:

Greetings and thanks for the help,

Gunther