Unable to connect to an online running GE fanuc LM90-30 CPU363

Exers

Hi, I am new to GE Fanuc LM90-30 and this morning I was asked to upload PLC program from an online-running GE Fanuc LM90-30 series with the CPU 363. The PLC program running online uses proficy machine edition however the laptop I'm using does not have Proficy Machine Edition installed, therefore a trial programme was downloaded from the internet and installed in the laptop. Test was done offline with a new blank CPU363 and it was successful. I then tried to hook up to the Running PLC but failed and messages saying Timeout error. I check all connections and they are okay. RUN LED was on as seen on the online running processor and the key slot was horizontal. I retried by creating a new project, right click on the target and select the type of LM90-30 then go online to verify connection but it still fail with communication error. With the offline CPU363, I can connect and see the PLC with RUN LED off and key slot in horizontal.. Need your assistance, thank you.

Which port are you using? There are two serial ports on the CPU363 and a third on the power supply. The two ports on the CPU module are configurable in software and may have been changed by the original programmer.
The function of the key switch is also configurable. It can be configured as Run/Stop, Write Protect, or disabled.
There are LEDs on the CPU module that indicate traffic on the ports. If you see a single blink every few seconds on the corresponding LED, it is an indication that the software is attempting to establish communications but getting no response. That generally points to an issue with the cable or a mismatch in port parameter settings.

Last edited:
Hi Steve Bailey, we manage to connect using the serial port on the power supply as you mentioned. Connection was successful and programme was uploaded.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Cheers,
Tony