-32700 engineering unit for a GE Funac MIxed I/O card Channel 1

mjaye65

I am more familiar with AB than GE funac. I have a GE Funac 90-30 card # IC 693ALG442. It is a multi input\output module. If you look at all the copies of the project back to when arrived channel 1 input data has "Low alarm (engineering units set to - 32700.

I have been told this can not be a valid number. It shows as red and if I do an auto correct it changes to 0.

This input is connected to a current transformer on a field Cable. the Motor is capable of Forward and Reverse.

Any assistance is appreciated

Since you posted here I'll respond here rather than copy your PM to a new thread. I don't match a PM with PM response for a question like this on the assumption that other people will be able to supplement my answer if its public.

The minimum value of zero for your low alarm is because you have selected either a 4, 20mA, a 0, 20 mA, or a 0,+10v range for the input channel. Zero is the minimum value that the module can report for those ranges. The only way that the low alarm value can be a negative number is if you select the -10, +10v range or the extended 4 - 20 mA range (4,20mA+) for the channel.

That particular module does not have on-board scaling capability. The data it reports for a 0, +10v or 4, 20mA range is from zero to 32000. If you select -10, +10v the raw data range is -32000 to +32000. If you select 4, 20mA+ the data is -8000 for zero mA, zero for 4 mA and 32000 for 20 mA.

PS: Unless you have lesdyxia its GE Fanuc, not GE Funac.

Steve - You are correct that channel is set for -10Volts and + 10 volts. Sorry for the miss spelling, long days.
I was working with Mustafa of Ge Fanuc Tech support and told him. the -32700 is shown on every single copy of the program and documentation. I can not see this being the problem I am chasing now. Since it was always there and until this week has run fine I do not see this as the problem.
Here is what I am chasing, In each of the following scenarios the 2 gauges should match. The console gauge is feed from the PLC. the load cell is staright to a hydraulic gauge.
My plan is to simulate the CT feedback input of +/- 5 volts and document how the plc calculates the input to an output.

High gear : Selection setting 1- gauge on top drive console showed 26k load cell showed 35k
selection setting 2- 32k on console load cell 42k.
Low gear : selection setting 1 – 26k on console and load cell showed 26k

selection setting 2 – on console 32k load cell showed 42k

I think you need to draw a picture of your setup. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're trying to do. Load cell signals are generally in the millivolt range. Hydraulic gauges typically show pressure. What does 26K, 32K, 45K, etc represent?

You say it worked fine until recently. What was going on just before it started to misbehave?