Question about FactoryTalk View Studio license.

Tharon

I have a license for FactoryTalk View Studio ME. I noticed when I started up Studio, it shows the licenses found on my PC and says that the Studio license also activated a license on my computer for Runtime ME 15/30/250/500. And I could run my programs I've made on Studio on my PC.

My question now is, is it OK for me to use my Studio license as a runtime license? If I plan on running my application from my development PC, am I breaking any rules?

Last edited:
Go ahead and leave it running overnight and see if it keeps going.

My experience is that the Studio license activates Machine Edition Runtime, but with a time limiter so it stops after 2 hours.

I hadn't thought of a time limit. Would make sense. I'll turn it on tonight and see what it says in the morning when I come in. I had previously left my displays open in test mode while in Studio and it was happy, but then again that was test mode for a single display.

Thanks.

What version of FT View ME are you running? Never seen that before but I don't do a lot of ME here mostly SE.

In the past the project would only run from your development pc for like 2 hrs then you had to restart it. If they changed that to where it runs as long as you want that's nice.

I'm using version 7. I didn't know about the 2 hour limit, I was just going by the message on the bottom status bar of Studio when I started up that said the grace period for RSVME30, 75, 250, 500, etc. had ended so I was just curious if that was the runtime licenses for the different display limits.

Edit:
I got my app running, I'll probably come in tomorrow morning and see some sort of message about the time being up.