Help require about assigning of IP to SMC EX-260 SEN1

AB2005

Hi;

We have SMC brand solenoid valve module EX-260 SEN1. I want to assign IP address 191.9.200.130 to it by using Rockwell BOOTP/DHCP server software. When I connect it with Laptop, its MAC ADD displays in BOOTP/DHCP, I follow the given instructions and assign IP to it but when I push “Disable BOOTP/DHCP”, after 15-30sec, system displays an error that operation did not complete. I tried many times but same problem.
Do any one guide me to resolve this issue?
I also need instructions about position of two switches after assigning IP because in manual, the instructions are bit unclear.
https://www.smc.eu/portal_ssl/webpa...als/operation_manuals/files/EX260-OMP0013.pdf

SMC_1.jpg

Follow the instructions to clear any address that is set in the SMC EX-260.
You do not have to set any switches after the assignment of the IP address because the rotary dial will be set for 000 which is the remote control.

Here is a guide on using the Rockwell BOOTP/DHCP server software.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi7x8X5-rXVAhWM3oMKHX8xDaMQFggsMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Frockwellautomation.custhelp.com%2Fci%2Ffattach%2Fget%2F8311%2F1164808462&usg=AFQjCNEVWnUb19a3Uu_HQOwczzxYd1gwpQ

Regards,

I have the same issue with an SMC EX-260. It sets the address just fine, but I cannot disable BootP either, so it requires a BootP server to be connected every time it powers down.

The message I get is "Received error message from (MAC Address) [Set_Attribute_Single][12]".

In RSLinx it gives the option to change the settings in "Module Configuration" settings under the "Port Configuration" tab, also in the settings online in RSLogix project, but both of those methods give me an error message as well.

Did you ever get yours to hold the IP?

Last edited:
There are two ways resolve this problem that I know about. Number 1 is the use the Boot P utility from SMC. It has always worked better for me on the EX units. It can be downloaded from the SMC website. Second is to use the web page in the unit to set the device to a static address. Set the IP with AB BootP then open the device web page and set to the address to static there, then reboot.

I have a SMX EX250-SEN1 that I am trying to assign an IP address to. The MAC addres does not show up in the Rockwell BootP Tool. And setting the IP Via the Switches 1-4 does not work either.

I have been trying to find the SMC BootP Program with no luck. Can you send the file, a link to the file, or the site you found it on? Thanks!

You can try the ODVA Tools which is a free software provided by Molex. It has a nice GUI for the mandatory objects of EtherNet/IP, including the TCP/IP object, where you can see the settings for it's attributes and lets you set the settable attributes

I fumbled with the same issue for half an hour, tried almost everything mentioned above. Nothing worked...

Then I disconnected the PLC from the network and clicked the Disable BootP again.

It worked.

I fumbled with the same issue for half an hour, tried almost everything mentioned above. Nothing worked...

Then I disconnected the PLC from the network and clicked the Disable BootP again.

It worked.

Thank you for the tip. I disconnected the PLC and it disabled BootP no problem. I have been fighting this all morning.

Solution Worked

It worked.

This also worked for me, the PLC was a Productivity PLC from Automation Direct.

Had the same issue today. Even with my Siemens PLC disconnected and plugging directly into the SMC block it still took several tries and power cycles to get BOOTP disabled.