Factory talk View ME 5.0 Tag Browser Problem

coolasad14

Factory talk View ME 5.0 Tag Browser does not display any HMI Tags or OPC Server tags.
When I click on the folder name none of the tags becomes visible.
reinstalled FT but didnt help.
This happened to me once before and then I formatted my whole computer and the problem went awy. Dont want to do that again.
I have searched this forum and Internet and found minor related problem that Tag Browser does not display. Did its solution but had no luck. Also searched Rockwell Knowledge base, but their answers regarding this problem were old and for Site Edition.

Rockwell Automation has a very good reputation but facts are pushing me to think otherwise .. Please help .. SOS !!

WAG Have you tried to right click and select Refresh all folders while in the tag browser?

Is this happening in one application only? Can you open other apps and see tags? If you don't have any other apps, try opening one of the sample apps included with FT.

OG

Have you installed any other software (especially Rockwell), or Rockwell patches since the last time you used it and it worked?

A reinstall will still fail if you have any single component out of tens of thousands that is an incorrect version or incorrectly registered.

Post the .apa if you can and someone with an activated copy can check if that is the issue.

Post the .apa if you can and someone with an activated copy can check if that is the issue.

I cant post the .apa file as my company doesnt approve that. but i have checked that .apa on another system and it works fine. Have formatted my computer and everything runs fine now