Inductive Automation Ignition Scada package

KEN_KACEL

HAs any one ever done any SCADA work with Inductive Automation ? .... They market Ignition SCADA software. Did a webinar with them and it looks very like some good software. For controls HMI and Historian among other features.

Doing my first project with Ignition now.

LOVE IT.

Already a registered integrator and "core-certified". Which provides additional perks. Probably take the gold test later this year. I also toured their offices earlier this year, and will hopefully attend the community conference in Sept.

Pushing this package to replace our traditional Wonderware SCADA recommendations.

Been using their software since 2007 (before it was called Ignition). It's a great product!

weve been using it I guess around 5 years now. We have done quite a few large projects and a few smaller ones. very solid software and the scripting and database support make it much more powerful than a traditional scada system. also the price is great and the licensing structure is much better than all of the other software companies.

I also really like the fact that you can download and run the software without even giving them your email address. Go try and download a demo of wonderware or factorytalk. They also support their product and integrators very well.

HAs any one ever done any SCADA work with Inductive Automation ? .... They market Ignition SCADA software. Did a webinar with them and it looks very like some good software. For controls HMI and Historian among other features.

Great package, we have been using it since 2010 and are company is one of their Premier Integrators.
Tech support is great.

Only weakness is the documentation. Sections in manual about scripting and expressions, state rather than explain. But, they are working on that.

Knowledge of SQL is an advantage to truly appreciate the power of this software.

Been using it since before it was Ignition.

As Curly said, the documentation is a bit weak, but they're working on it.

Ignition, though, can do so much more than SCADA and HMI. You can get a feel for what people are doing over on IA's forum.

Been working on getting upgrade money (hardware and software). In trying to sell it to our plant manager, the conversion went something like:

Boss: So can you use it for inventory tacking?
Me: Yes.
Boss: How about generating work orders?
Me: Yep. Sure can.
Boss: We need to improve our PO Log.
Me: Well, since we can move it from an Excel spreadsheet to a database, that would be great. We can do that in Ignition.
Boss: What about...
Me: Let me save some time here. The only thing that limits us is imagination and will. Just like Green Lantern.:D

yeah we are doing work orders and plan on doing more stuff like bringing in quickbooks and tracking inventory, costs on projects, employee time, etc as soon as I get some free time.

I've used a fair number of SCADA systems but to date Ignition is by far the best, great support, great product and great licencing. Give it a go.

Chris

I have been working with Inductive Automation software since 2006. Awesome software, awesome people. They really want to be disruptive to the industry, and I would say they are achieving just that.