I have another ? Let me know if Im asking too many or getting anoying

Greg7683

I am trying to create numeric object so we can use one password for two function buttons so only certain people can reach the screens. So the buttons are invisible until you put the password in and hit the confirm button that will log out once you go back to the main menu.

I read the manual but it talks about user names but all I want to have is a password and a confirm button. I have tried and failed several times. :angr:

For Weintek EB8000

Last edited:
If you use FT users/security you need a user name.

Then you can make visible based on user or user group.

OR... you could make a password in the PLC and when the password is entered or matches it turns on a bit making the object visible. This isn't secure at all.

with FTVS10 there was an option under the Logout button that would send the user back to whatever screen youd like. Before FTVS10 this was done with macros. You could do this a few ways. The way i would do it would be as follows.

-Under the Logout Button Properties in the program i would go under the General tab, there is a Display settings option, check that box that says Show Display on logout and set it to the display youd like to go to when someone logs out of the HMI.

-Then the buttons that youd like to have invisible i would go into the Animation for the button and under visibility you could tie that to a tag in the PLC or use an expression. For me i usually use an expression tied to the users security level within the program. So youd click on Expression, then Functions, then Security and under Security youd choose CurrentUserHasGroup( user group name ). you would replace whats in the ( ) with that user group name of your choice that you would like the buttons visible to. for example CurrentUserHasGroup( "ADMINISTRATORS" ). that way the buttons are now only visible for someone who is logged into the HMI and is a part of the ADMINISTRATORS user group.

Ask all you want.
Weintek has example programs. Weintek link. Login/password required. You can download it and play with it. You can import screens from another project into yours. Use that to import the login screen.

In System, Security, set your passwords and Class levels.
When editing the button, click the Security tab. User Restriction, select class. Click "Make invisible while protected".

I create a popup screen as such
the numeric entry's are
User: Devise Local HMI, address LW 9219
THIS SETS THE USER NUMBER
Address: Devise Local HMI, address LW 9290
THIS SETS THE PASSWORD

Under security tab in Project Parameters set up Users & Passwords
Then when an object is created you can add security
and set buttons to be invisible when not signed in or have them visible and give a pop up that says login required to access.
I use invisible and make the"Maintenance screen" button on my popup
that is a display navigation butto

As far as asking too much, as long as they are legitimate questions and you are trying to do the work (no asking someone to do it for you) then I'd say it's hard to ask too much. Keep in mind that if you've got a question chances are there are others who have or will have the same question. There are also the ones who learn something even though they didn't have question.
So, keep asking (and thanks for asking)!

Gregg I just did what you are looking for last week. It is kind of a hidden feature that you would really think of as a feature. Use the Screen saver and auto log out so if one walks away it will log out after such time.. As far as going back to default or start page log out use SB_0(LB-9050) so when it is pressed it brings you back to the front page and logs you out. the enter page button is hidden till you are logged in correctly. It also displays if you are logged in and password is correct.. I attached the project (Easier than a bunch of screen Shots )but used Easy Builder Pro newest on Maple web sight it is free but you need to register.. Hope this helps.. Regards..

As far as asking too much, as long as they are legitimate questions and you are trying to do the work (no asking someone to do it for you) then I'd say it's hard to ask too much. Keep in mind that if you've got a question chances are there are others who have or will have the same question. There are also the ones who learn something even though they didn't have question.
So, keep asking (and thanks for asking)!

Yeah I try it first if I can't get with in a day or two I post here for help.

Gregg I just did what you are looking for last week. It is kind of a hidden feature that you would really think of as a feature. Use the Screen saver and auto log out so if one walks away it will log out after such time.. As far as going back to default or start page log out use SB_0(LB-9050) so when it is pressed it brings you back to the front page and logs you out. the enter page button is hidden till you are logged in correctly. It also displays if you are logged in and password is correct.. I attached the project (Easier than a bunch of screen Shots )but used Easy Builder Pro newest on Maple web sight it is free but you need to register.. Hope this helps.. Regards..

Thanks ill try it tomorrow

Just a reminder, when adding security, be sure to set HMI to "AUTO LOGOUT" after a predefined amount of time and goto Home screen(Or your login screen).

This will prevent someone else from using a high level access that logged in earlier.

For simple things like this, I just use a numeric entry with a tag linked to the PLC to validate the pass-number. To hide it from the general public, I set the font to something unreadable, like wingdings.

For "Logout", just clear the register in the PLC.