FTV Studio ME v6.1 de-licensing

pw3

Hello-

We have had three cases now where FTV Studio Me v6.1 has de-licensed itself. Has anyone else seen this problem? We're running it on several HP Probooks using Win7--

When this first occurred I attempted to repair/reinstall the product, to no avail. Had to call RA who ended up replacing several files in the license folder, as well as the license activation manager program itself. The repair lasted about two weeks, reoccurred again, and then a second laptop (identical install) did the same thing.

Also, our IT department has recently deployed a new laptop security package that apparently encrypts data in each users account when they logoff--

Thoughts?

When you open Factory Talk Activation Manager does it show your licenses? What is the license tied to? Hard drive serial number? NIC card?

Are all licenses installed on the local computers? Or are they "borrowing" them from some main license server?

Maybe possible your license file is getting corrupt, or It is locking down access to certain areas of the computer file system?

this IT package that allows for different users.
how many users and how is your laptop set up.
I understand having an unrelated domain login for a factory network
but I would not use this setup for your PLC programing

Ok, let me try to answer everyone's questions--

--There are no licenses showing up in Activation Manager, but the files are all still there
--The software was installed using Local/Admin account, but also worked for individual users
--The License itself is a "concurrent" type, installed locally and (I believe) was tied to the NIC card.

We are in the process of having our IT dept remove their new software, so we'll see what happens--

Ok, let me try to answer everyone's questions--

--There are no licenses showing up in Activation Manager, but the files are all still there
--The software was installed using Local/Admin account, but also worked for individual users
--The License itself is a "concurrent" type, installed locally and (I believe) was tied to the NIC card.

We are in the process of having our IT dept remove their new software, so we'll see what happens--

Make sure the path that Factorytalk Activation is looking for has not changed.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Rockwell Automation\Activations is the default directory but you can change that or add other paths.

One thing to consider regarding the NIC card is attaching the license to the Wi-Fi adapter may cause issues if the Wi-Fi is disconnected or disabled.

Often times these new security measures IT departments roll-out will disable the wired/wireless connections when the other is in use. So when you plug into the wired network the wireless connections is disabled. Likewise, connecting wirelessly may disable the wired connection. This can be done within Windows or possibly within the computer BIOS.

OG

1. make sure the server is running
2. Have a look in the .LIC file using notepad, the MAC address that was used for the registration is written there.
Then make sure this MAC address is available in your computer - you can do that by opening a command prompt and using the ipconfig \all command.