CQM1-CPU21-E Serial Cable to Program

Ok, I found the error, it was the DIP Switch. Now I can program the PLC with the CX-Programmer fine.

Thank you Paulus and Gtsuport, in the future I will only have programming questions :) :D

Hi guys, i have the same problem. Failed to connect.
I have CQM1H-CPU21 im using C200HS-CN220-EU cable.
What could possibly wrong with the set-up.

Lot No. 03681

currently im trying it on my laptop, using standard USB-SERIAL HL-340 cable. Since my laptop got no serial port.

Your problem is RTS/CTS handshaking.
Your cable is set to require that handshake, you need to modify the cable to ignore the handshake, like the link I provided.

You will need to short pins 4 and 5 together on the PLC side.
Also short pins 7 and 8 on the PC side.

I use the cable diagram from the posted link to the DB9 port. I do not have the CQM1-CIF02 cable.

See attached pdf file.

is this same with CJ1M-CPU21??

PLC DB9 pinout is the same for CQM1 and CJ1M.

Also check the dip switch settings on the cpu.

Information is located in the W339 manual.

Hope this will help.