Studio 5000 help

DoubleJ

I recently got a new laptop and installed all my Rockwell software to it. I transfered my activations which went well. I went to open a previous program I had created in the past and it will not let me open it. States it has been generated with a previous version. I installed ver 31 this time and have not been able to either remove it to the point I can install a previous version. It keeps telling me I have a newer version installed and stops. I've followed Rockwells support page to even manually remove it in the registers. When I open the software and start a new program it only provides me with version 31 when in the past I had the option all the way down to 24 I believe. Any ideas what i can do. I don't want to have to change the version in all my programs to accomodate this issue. I did not have to in the past.

Is you new PC running Windows 10
all versions of RSLogix 5000 are not supported in windows 10
you may have to use a VM machine
I hade the same problem when I upgraded my PC early versions of Windows 10 ran fine but after updates things didn't work that well
Tech Connected can give you a list of versions but they recommender to me that I use a VM running Windows 7 but check with them.

unless you want to upgrade the program you must open it in the original version You should get a popup message asking if you want to do a one way version upgrade.
if the original program was 24 then you will need 24

I think 10 - 30 are software upgrades but 31 and up are completely separate programs.
If you have tech connect contract you can download any or all versions you want
I hope that helps