Find an analog input on S7

Logix_Stef

Morning guys,

I am not very familiar with Siemens S7. I have the Step 7 software and adaptor, I van go online and upload/download a program. So far so good. Now I have come to a situation where I have to monitor an analog input coming from a 4 - 20 mA pressure transducer (see the attached). This is probably for most of you very trival so please forgive me. I can't figure out what address the needed input is. If I did have the address I do not know how to search for the address in the program. Surely, there must be something like the RSLogix data monitor, likely called something else. Could someone pint me to the right direction, please? The transducer is connected to a profibus module, I have never worked with profibus so my knowledge is very limited when it comes to Siemens stuff. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

it says "PEW230". That is the address with german notation.
Your STEP7 is probably with english notation, so you should Look in the cross reference for PIW230.

I am not an expert in Siemens either but try with going to your hardware configuration first

Then identify the right profibus module

when you click on it it will give you the range of address that it is using

Then looking onto the electrical schematic you might figure out the right address

To monitor the value you would need to insert a VAT table it is like a watch table

Then you just need to add the address you want to monitor, save it, download to the PLC and when you go online to it you will be able to see the value (probably raw)