SIPART DR21 - External (4-20ma) Set-point

Hal9000

Hi everyone,

I'm on a customer site and having difficulty setting up a Siemens DR21 controller so that it will use an external 4-20mA signal as its set-point reference. This signal is driven by a PLC output.

I'm unclear as to how to map the analogue input at AE2, scale it and then assign it as the external set-point operation?

S1 is currently set to (5), I've tried changing this to (1), which is "slave" but the W value is reading zero. I can vary the signal at AE2 and I can see the current change (via my fluke meter in series), so I believe the connection is ok.

There must be some additional parameters I need to set to make this work?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Justin

Similar Topics

I have an old S7-315 that is being converted to S7-319. The program is very poorly written in IL with comments and symbols in half german and half...
Replies
Views
So I'm running a liquid filling operation and I'm trying to get the dribble valve to be open 100% for a time and then 20% for the rest. all that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone here, There is a big control valve - in the steam power plant where I work - controlled by Siemens' positioner (Sipart PS2...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have much experience with these? I have an issue where the valve needs to be much more precise then it is now. (Within tenths of a...
Replies
Views
Hey up Just curious... we have a Masonelian CamFlex II steam valve with a Siemens Sipart PS2 valve positioner. The CamFlex works as a cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom