Changing Homing -> Position programmatically, Kinetix 5500.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,
Is there a way to change, in the PLC code, the Homing Position parameter that is displayed in the Properties window of the Kinetix servo drive?
I'd need to define the home position dynamically while the program is running.

Thank you!

Hi Elcan.

Yes- I believe this can be done via the GSV/SSV Functions, a good place to look is the rockwell sample code library.

If you are truly stuck- I can send you some sample code tomorrow. I do have examples for SERCOS and EtherNet/IP somwhere although im 99% sure these tags are identical in each instance.

Regards

Daniel.

Last edited:
It's part of the Axis object, either the HomePosition or HomeOffset. You can read it with a GSV or write it with an SSV.