How to reset Alarm messages in Panelview Plus

ksa858

I can not get the alarms to reset back to 0 after they are triggered. When an alarm is triggered I should be able to reset it when I press a RESET button. In the program I can see that the alarm bit has been reset, however the alarm display remains on the panelview. Attached is showing how I have the Tag, Trigger, and Message configured. the Panelview Plus is communicating with a CompactLogix. Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

Tag setup.JPG Trigger.JPG messages.JPG

Last edited:
I going to make an assumption your talking about the [Alarm] Screen does not disappear after you reset the alarm. If this is the case you need to use the Remote Close Tag you can find in the alarm Setup. If I remember correctly it is under the Advanced Tab. Then in your PLC when alarm is reset turn on your Remote Tag for 1 second. This will give the HMI time to see it and close the screen.

Create A New Tag:
I would do something like This. Use A Compare For All Alarm bit Words EQU to 0. Then Set A Bit Called Alarm_Close. When Alarm_Close = 1 for Time then Reset Alarm_Close. Put The Alarm_Close Bit in your Remote Close Display Box.

EQU AlarmBits1 0 EQU Alarmbits2 0 EQU AlarmBits3 0 OTL Alarm_Close
XIC Alarm_Close BST TON Alarm_TMR 1000 0 NXB XIC Alarm_TMR.DN OTU Alarm_Close BND

I would check the settings for your alarm screen to see what is selected to be displayed. It may be that you have lots of tick boxes selected to show all alarms instead of just pending alarms if that's what you want. I usually have a pending (or active) alarms page which the screen goes to automatically when each alarm occurs and and an alarm history page which shows all alarms that have occurred. The display settings for each of these are different.