Weintek HMI and Simulation with EasyBuilder

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I just purchased a Weintek MT8103iE and I'm wondering if easybuilder has a way to simulate the HMI so that I can connect to my actual PLC for testing purposes while I'm waiting on the HMI to arrive. I can make just about any cable I need to for a serial connection as well.

I have not really found a simulation function in productivity 2000 that I can use for simulation, but it isn't an issue at the moment because I have the actual PLC on my desk.

Thanks

Not sure if it will help but http://www.ind-concepts.com/EasyBuilderPro_5.07.pdf

2-8 it talks about the Simulator and I think you would just use it in offline, not much information on it :confused:

Thank you. 2.5.1 says there is an online simulation mode, but it has a 10 minute simulation limit. No perfect, but I understand why and 10 minutes is plenty of time to test a specific function. Now I'm going to have to dig out my RJ-11 jacks and make a cable :p

If you get a chance... these come in very handy with building cables that you need to change around

https://www.winford.com/products/cat_brk.php

They have good prices and ship fast

I have not seen the enclosed ones before, but they are SUPER nice. They save a lot of time when you are testing or troubleshooting. That being said, I had to leave all of mine at my old job, so the next time I run across a situation where I need one I'll have to snag a few. For all I know, it could be back to whipping romex for the next few years after this hehe.

Actually, to edit further: Then again, after this job it could be private jets and whipping strippers instead :)

Last edited: