Prohibit overwrite our PLC (Allen Bradley)

Unless required by legislation, there is no way a company is installing a control panel with a padlock on the door in any plant I'm in charge of... unless of course they pay us for loss of production and carry out maintenance for free.

I'm actually quite shocked that the protection solution for Rockwell is the switch in the front panel... which I'm sure is the same for every processor and therefore not a security at all. Simply a deterrent with the price tag of the cheapest processor.

Cardosocea you are right, but I said that because I'm in charge about my PLCs and no body cant touch them without my concern, because the stability of the plant could became unstable if a lot off people access to the program of the PLC to make changes, of course everything could be different if I have a contract of service with someone else to do that

As mentioned, key switch is the first line of defense. It is just a deterrent.

Source control with multilevel access is the next level.

You could also back up the program to the memory card and set the program to be loaded on power cycle. This would wipeout any inadvertent changes.

If the PLC is networked, you could leverage AssetCenter and FactoryTalk Security to audit and force program compliance.

What I want to know is:

Are you a contractor for these "other company" ? If so, do YOU own the equipment, or do THEY own the equipment, or are they renting it?

OR

Are you working for a company, and these "other company" are the contractors and overwriting your programs/making changes?