S7-300 Remote I/O error

marvin99

Hi

I got a S7-300 system that has a remote module "153-2BA01-0XB0" along with some other modules. i recently got a bus error on the system so after some trouble shooting it turned out to be the "153-2BA01-0XB0" which was faulty, to verify this i borrowed another "153-2BA01-0XB0" from an identical working system just to verify that it was this part which was not working. the system ran with no problem, after trying to order the part "153-2BA01-0XB0" it turned out it was discontinued and succeeded by "153-2BA10-0XB0" so i ordered it. after installing it now i'm having a SF and BF1 error on the module and also on the CPU there is a solid red SF error and a blinking BF error. i tried to replace the module part number in the program using step 7 HW config, even after changing from "153-2BA01-0XB0" to "153-2BA10-0XB0" i still get the same error.

Any ideas whats going on ???

555.jpg

When you've got a Profibus interface on your programming device, then I would test if you can find the Profibus Slave with the configured address.
Connect directly at the same point where the slave is connected.

I only got a MPI cable now I've already ordered a A2 adapter but that will take some time for it to arrive... any other suggestions .....

Did you power off the slave after setting the address?

Your screenshot shows another slave 22 which is not available. Is this a normal state?

Thomas the 22 slave is an non Siemens encoder which is missing the GSD file... Loading the correct GSD file fixes that but my problem is with slave 9 and yes i tried ti cycle the power numerous times wiyh no success

if you only configure IM module to hardware and only have IM module and bus resistor on rack, will it go to run?

IM-station needs to be without any error when powered. If IM-module is defective, it won't go run.
If some other module is on error then you see with this way.

Make sure every module's part number in your HW Config matches each part number in the field. Make sure the DIP switches are set to the correct address. I've made the mistake of looking at the DIP switches at a slight angle, and set the wrong ones!

Attach your PC adapter/Siemens PG to the slave directly, set your PG/PC Interface to Profibus, check the "only master on the bus" checkbox, and try to display accessible nodes.

sigmadelta

I have checked the part numbers multiple times and all are right and the DIP switches are set to the correct address, one thing left to try is what you have suggested which is connecting to the slave directly and see if it shows up.

PS

since i'm switching from an old part to a new part in my case from "153-2BA01-0XB0" to "153-2BA10-0XB0" is there any compatibility issue regarding the back bus connector ?, Siemens webpage says that the "153-2BA10-0XB0" is only compatible with the following bus connector 6ES7195-7HD10-0XA0, as far as i understand this is an active bus connector, the ones i am using are normal connectors (PN 6ES7390-0AA00-0AA0)
could this be the problem ?

It's been a long time since I've dealt with Siemens, but my gut tells me perhaps the (older) PLC firmware isn't recognizing the newer module.

Just a guess.

since i'm switching from an old part to a new part in my case from "153-2BA01-0XB0" to "153-2BA10-0XB0" is there any compatibility issue regarding the back bus connector ?, Siemens webpage says that the "153-2BA10-0XB0" is only compatible with the following bus connector 6ES7195-7HD10-0XA0, as far as i understand this is an active bus connector, the ones i am using are normal connectors (PN 6ES7390-0AA00-0AA0)
could this be the problem ?

The PLC can also "ping" the Profibus address by using SFC51, it's not as straightforward as plugging the Serial cable and checking the available nodes, but can be done.

If it is a firmware issue, I'm wondering whether you need to update the Simatic catalog? There is a menu entry in the Hardware Config for that.

I am using the latest Step 7 version which is V 5.6... the hardware catalog is up to date but as Plctech303 mentioned maybe it could be the old firmware on the CPU causing this problem.

Say i remove the MMC from the CPU and do a firmware update via step 7... after that will i have any issues for example with the software on the MMC not being compatible with the new firmware version or an issue similar to this ?

Say i remove the MMC from the CPU and do a firmware update via step 7... after that will i have any issues for example with the software on the MMC not being compatible with the new firmware version or an issue similar to this ?

Not that I know of. I've heard and seen issues when changing the processor to something newer where the cycle time is too fast for some of the logic (this is a logic problem and nothing else). Another I heard of was that the PID instruction changed on the newer processor, but because I didn't see it, I'm willing to chalk it down to a logic problem related to the speed of the processor instead.