Allen Bradley 1100, no communication, error 187h

Rad3000

Hello everyone,
It´s my first time trying to program a plc, but the moment I turn it on the red fault red stars blinking. Error 187h.

as seen on this thread it may be a configuraton error: http://www.plctalk.com/qanda/showthread.php?t=53495

I´m trying to connect through an ethernet cable. The computer doesnt detect it. I already download RSlogixMicro, RSEmulate, and RSlinx.
And I believe I configured the IP correctly...

Looking into it, it says it´s a communication error, btw I dont have the rs232 cable, and I doubt my boss wll buy it. Is it needed? or can I program it only with the ethernet cable?

Don´t know if important but the plc was in a stall for a while.

I also tried the last message from this thread: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archive/index.php/t-44439.html

I´m really new to this

Hello,

With the red blinking odds are you do not have a program in the PLC but you may get lucky

On the screen look up the IP address of the PLC and make sure you have the same subnet settings on your PC then open RSLinx and show us a screen shot of your settings

Also if you are communicating with the PLC? if not how do you know you have the error 187h

The RS232 cable is cheap and you should get one just incase (future)

Connecting from PC to 1100 directly requires a cross over cable (ethernet)
put an ethernet switch between unit and Laptop to use a straight through cable.
(page 98 of 1763-UM001-EN-P)

Error 187h is the expansion I/O does not match program in unit. This is probably a used unit that was a take out and still has a program in it that requires additional I/O units

Connecting from PC to 1100 directly requires a cross over cable (ethernet)
put an ethernet switch between unit and Laptop to use a straight through cable.
(page 98 of 1763-UM001-EN-P)

Are you sure? most PC's I have found are auto sensing ethernet ports, I think for about the past 5 years and I think that manual is older then that

Hello,
thank you for the quick reply, I know it is because it shows up in the PLC by manually going thought advance set-> fault code -> error code 187h

I´ll attach the screenshots of what I did with the IP.

I dont believe I´ll continue to work with the PLC , I´m a temporal employee, and my boss is very adamant that the cable it isnt needed.

FSC2.png FSC1.png FSC3.png

Error 187h is the expansion I/O does not match program in unit. This is probably a used unit that was a take out and still has a program in it that requires additional I/O units

how can I know if it is like this?

btw, i not using a switch either

Last edited:
I never tried the straight through cable directly to my laptop, I have used several 1400's but they are all on a network through switches, I was just going by the manual. I'll give it a try tonight on the bench, my laptops only a few years old.

FYI
I went a couple hours the other day trying to go online with a Powerflex 40P and was told to check the ethernet cord (brand new out of package came with some camera's) bad cable, sometimes its something stupid like that,

I think your settings are wrong but dont have a lot of time to look at them, this may help with the hardware config
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=rkzAK2Skiso

Its a 1100 and using a OF4 IO card

thank you, I´ll check it out

FYI
I went a couple hours the other day trying to go online with a Powerflex 40P and was told to check the ethernet cord (brand new out of package came with some camera's) bad cable, sometimes its something stupid like that,

I believe this may be the main problem, I´ll attach a ping with no response,
should changing the cable suffice?

FSC4.png

did you set up the IPv4 on your PC/ Laptop for the same network as your 1100