FactoryTalk View Studio and Studio5000

mitch11

I'm trying to set values for multiple different steps on an HMI display, and then overwrite the PLC tag with the appropriate value when the PLC calls the corresponding step.

For Example:

HMI:

Step 1 - 1000 Value[1]
Step 2 - 2000 Value[2]
Step 3 - 3000 Value[3]

PLC:

When Step 1 is called, write 1000 (Value[1]) to PLC_Tag_A.
When Step 1 is complete and Step 2 is called, overwrite PLC_Tag_A with 2000 (value[2]).....

This process is going to be repeated numerous times, so I don't want to use timers with done bits, and I would like to somehow overwrite the tag with one rung.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Just use a MOV instruction. See the attached Snip.

Edit: Cant seem to get snips to post. Here is the PDF of it. If you PM me I can email the Studio 5000 file that I created for this.

Last edited: