S7 1200 ethernet connection

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I'm fooling around with the s7 1200 to learn how to setup a ethernet connection between two CPUs. I've succesfully made a link and I can recieve and send a word between the two CPUs. What I can't figure out however is how to send more then one word.

What I do now is sending Mw100 from CPU1 to Mw10 on CPU2. I have entered MW100 as DATA on the SEND block and MW10 as DATA on the recieve block.
What I want to do is send the following

CPU1 CPU2

MW1000 MW100
MW100 MW10
MW10 MW1

How do I configure this?

If you figure it out I would like to know.. what did you do to pass the one word? I have not tried it but will next week

Presume your using TSEND and TRCV ?

Here's an example from Siemens for clock sync over ethernet for 1200's using TSEND/TRCV

If your new to the 1200 there is a nice easy book guide here (needs siemens login (have to register))

Last edited:
Yes Im using TSEND and TRCV. I have managed to sent data blocks now, got some help on the siemens support forum. I had no idea I had to do a struct in the data block. My new problem is that you can't insert strings in the struct. I can send a string seperatly between send and rcv but not within the struct of my data block. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to have two send blocks and two receive blocks working together?
TSEND1 working with TRCV1
TSEND2 working with TRCV2

TSEND1 shall not send to TRCV2

it is the same IP so I don't know how to.

If you figure it out I would like to know.. what did you do to pass the one word? I have not tried it but will next week

Send it through a Datablock.
Place a struct in your datablock and insert the data to be sent there , then In the TSEND and TRCV DATA input write: "datablockname".structname