Allen Bradley 1100 Redlion G304K Cables

I was told to purchase a CBLGEN01 cable and CBLADK03 kadet adaptor to connect my AB 1100 to a Redlion G304K HMI. This info was given to me by Red Lion tech support. However, I find that the CBLADK03 kadet does not fit the G304K 9 pins D shell connector very well. I understand how the cable is connected to communicate between AB 1100 and G304K but I do not understand how to load the program from the PC to the G304K. If anyone had success with the Cables and G304K connections I would love to hear from you. Attached is a photo of my cables and G304K.

100_0682.jpg 100_0681.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you might need another cable. The DB9 is a dual port and needs a cable to split it in two. One for programming and one for communication.

kadet.jpg

Thanks, I just received that info from tech support. I need that CBLSK000 cable. Any idea why the CBLADK03 kadet adaptor does not fit the G304K? Cannot completely insert this adaptor to the G304K.

Thanks now I have another hood to stock. You never have enough hoods when you have to make your own cables.
One of the local electronic houses had 7 right angle hoods in the other direction (short way). They closed up shop so I can't get them anymore. They where great for that one odd application on a panel PC with no room on the door to have those long bodies on them.

Thanks now I have another hood to stock.
More than happy to help fill up your stockroom, Jeff... :ROFLMAO:

What's nice is that the 'tabs' on these connectors are very shallow, so even flush-mounted mating connectors seem to engage enough. See picture...

They where great for that one odd application on a panel PC with no room on the door to have those long bodies on them.
Yes, the contact blocks on those pushbuttons in my other picture are only 1-1/4" away from the HMI. The hood itself is only 1" deep.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they come with those 'standard' Northern Technologies rubber grommets (see the datasheet at the Allied link). I prefer the 'u-joint' cable clamps which can also be flipped to grab smaller cables. Like on these hood:

http://www.showmecables.com/product/DB9-Hood-with-Thumb-Screw-Plastic.aspx

🍻

-Eric

90db9.jpg

When my kids can't eat I am going to tell to "Thank Eric for showing daddy something else he needs on the shelf".

I like the low profile I didn't realize they where only a 1". Most of my cables feed from the side so that will make a nice small package.

BTW C3 controls 22mm PB and SS should be out in a month or so.

When my kids can't eat I am going to tell to "Thank Eric for showing daddy something else he needs on the shelf".
Hey, it's your choice to go for that discount on 250+ units to save 79¢ per unit... ;)

BTW C3 controls 22mm PB and SS should be out in a month or so.
Thanks... I'll check them out. Good talking to you the other day... :)

🍻

-Eric

Is it real or China?????

Here is a photo of a CBLADK03 I brought from hopefully, from a Red Lion supplier. However, there is no sticker on the kadet. Is this a real Red Lion CBLADK03????

100_0685.jpg

Based on the PDF datasheets for the adapters, they appear to be using standard RJ45 to DB9 housings, which is what is in your picture. That said, looking at the DB9M on my G304K, it really doesn't look like that type of connector will plug into the G304K far enough to make (good) connection (as it seems you've already confirmed). Those plastic tabs look wider than the cutout around the DB9M.

I'd like to hear Mike or Jeremy from Red Lion chime in on this... :nodi:

🍻

-Eric