FTView Studio RSLinx Shortcut "Apply" Button

Well, unfortunately, this did not have any effect.

What I did notice what that in the communications tree, the name of the controller has the number 2 appended. Not sure what that's about. In the Studio 5000 project, the controller definitely doesn't have that name. Have I somehow created a duplicate? Attached images show what I'm talking about, and also that the shortcut verified.

My local support guy is coming in on the 5th, so I think I'll work on other aspects of the project until then. I'll report back with what we find.

Again, many thanks to those who tried to help. Much appreciated.

shortcut-verify.png controller-name.png

It is a bad practice to name the communications Shortcut identically to the field controllers; PLCx, CPUx or CLXx are more suitable and have lesser chances to 'confuse' Linx Enterprise and/or the developer...:D

That being said, Delete every device (and any eventual 'Children' under the EtherNet, Ethernet node); for a CompactLogix there should be only one device in the 'Tree', the L18 controller.

After deleting everything, right-click the Ethernet network and Add Device the L18 CPU at the proper firmware level; the only info you need to enter is the IP Address of the CPU Ethernet port.

You might need to clean the Linx Enterprise cache again after deleting the existing Shortcut and all the devices within the Ethernet network 'tree'.

I figured it out. You're not going to believe this... well, you probably will, because the problems we have are usually way less complicated than we believe them to be.

I had somehow unchecked the box to replace communications in the transfer utility dialogue. D'oh! I can't believe I overlooked this EVERY single time! I absolutely do not recall doing that, so I never thought to check. Good gosh. I knew it was something simple... just not THAT simple, lol :oops::D

Thank you again for your time! Happy 4th of July to all in the USA. Enjoy!

replace-communications.png

I've been bitten by that checkbox too.

It's real easy to uncheck one of those. Hitting the space bar will (un)check that, if it has focus.

Good find.

I guess that's what happened; the spacebar. I don't use a mouse in the field, just the touchpad, and have many times inadvertently "clicked" things. Still can't believe I didn't think to check that.

Oh well, learning experience. Won't make that mistake again.

Thanks again everyone for trying to help me out!