Me screens to Se

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I have worked with Rsview Me a good bit in the last year or so but next week I have to work with Se.My question is ,can I import some of my screens from Me To Se stand alone.
It is no major problem to recretaed the screens I want but if I dont have to, it would save some time and maybe I could finish early for once.

thanks again to all at Plcs .net.

Donnchadh K.

Straight from the AB knowledgebase
Graphics
      • This section will briefly describe the exceptions for importing RSVME displays into an RSVSE application. Below each topic, a list will describe the change of features in the RSVSE application.

Displays

- "Display Number" is not supported
        - "Cannot be Replaced" is not supported
        - "Disable Initial Input Focus" is not supported
        - Default displays (ex. [ALARM], [ACTIVITY], and [INFORMATION]) are not imported

Object Features

- Caption text does not have word-wrap; A Carriage Return must be added to the caption text
        - Image Color does not exist in RSVSE; set the Pattern Color in the RSVSE object

Objects Not Imported (no SE equivalent)

- Pause
        - Next Pen
        - Alarm Acknowledge
        - Alarm Acknowledge All
        - Clear Alarm History
        - Print Alarm History
        - Alarm Silence
        - Alarm List
        - Alarm Status List
        - Alarm Banner
        - Alarm Status Mode Button
        - Clear Alarm Banner
        - Clear Activity
        - Clear All Activity
        - Reset Alarm Status
        - Print Alarm Status
        - Silence
        - Sort Alarms
        - Diagnostic List
        - Diagnostic Clear Button
        - Diagnostic Clear All
        - Information Acknowledge
        - Information Message Display
        - Go To Configure Mode Button
        - Return To Display (although a button is created, RSVSE does not directly support this operation)

String/Numeric Input Box

The major difference between ME and SE for this object is the visual appearance. To reproduce the borders offered by the ME object you will need to manually create a "Panel" object behind the RSVSE input box.

- Numeric Input Cursor Point converts into an RSVSE Numeric Input Box
        - Does not import the "Number of Input Characters"; set the Width property (String)
        - Does not have "Fill Character"
        - Does not have "Optional Expression" (ex. Used to scale User input)
        - Does not have Enter Handshaking
        - Does not have "Image"
        - Does not have "Audio"
        - Does not have RSVME border properties

String/Numeric Display

- No Border (can manually create a Panel object in RSVSE to reproduce the borders)
        - Displays Decimal points by default for Integers (Numeric)
        - No word-wrap; must define characters and lines (String)

Display Navigation

- Go To button is converted into RSVSE (border properties are different)
        - Return To button is converted, however it is not functional (no RSVSE equivalent). Either delete this object or configure it to open a specific display.
        - Close Display button is converted into RSVSE (border properties are different)
        - Display List Selector is identical object as in ME.

Trend Display Object

- Pause button is not converted into SE. To reproduce in SE, open the Trend properties dialog and select the Display tab. Enable "Display scrolling mechanism" to show the trend control buttons (ex. Pause, scroll, Home, End, etc).
        - Next Pen button is not converted into SE. To reproduce the functionality in SE, open the Trend properties dialog and select the Display tab. Enable and configure the Line Legend properties.

Advanced Objects

- Login and Logout buttons are converted into the RSVSE Button object.
        - Display Print button is converted into the RSVSE Button object
        - Macro button is converted into the RSVSE Button object
        - Shutdown button is converted into the RSVSE Button object
        - GoTo Config Mode button is not converted and is removed. There is no equivalent in RSVSE, but a Button object with the "DisplayClientClose" command would be similar.

Libraries

Libraries are specific to the development PC, and the development software (i.e. RSVME or RSVSE). As such, RSVME library displays must be manually imported into RSVSE.

One method to manually import a library display is to:

(1) Right-click on "Libraries" in the application tree
        (2) Select "Add component into Project…"
        (3) Navigate to and select the RSVME library display that you wish to import.

When an RSVME library display is imported, it will convert in the same manner as an application graphic display. Refer to the above section "Displays" for information on how the display settings and objects are imported.

Images

The RSVME image files are imported automatically with the application.

Parameters

Parameter files are converted during the application import. These files are the same in RSVSE as they are in RSVME.

Local Messages Local Message files are converted during the application import. These files are the same in RSVSE as they are in RSVME

Regards Alan Case

As you can see there are tons of exceptions when importing ME screens, by the time you straighten them all out you may as well have started from scratch. I tried exactly this and it turned into a mess, especially with how flaky RSView Studio is.

Thats why I guess the long answer is 'sort of' and my short answer was No.

Hi All

Thanks Alan and Slc integrator

I take both of your answers on board and for the trouble it would
take I will just redo them.
Is it me or is this a major mistake or am I just silly.I like Me and I find it good that you can drill down into the tag data base.
The alarms could be better and its just such a hudge step from panel builder.

Thanks again

Donnchadh K

ME and SE serve two very different purposes, but to be honest I think AB could have done a MUCH better job with SE.
I've had more problems with SE than any other system I've worked on, including some nasty old DCS systems.

ME in my view is wayyy better than PB32, more tools and options to get exactly what you want.
Unfortunaly as long as they sell the old PV we are still stuck with PB32 for some jobs.