Is communication with PLC-5/30A and 30C over Ethernet/IP supported?

m.nazish

Is there any connection between Ethernet/IP and PLC-5/30A or PLC-5/30C? I mean if we use PLC-5/30A or PLC-5/30C for communication with Ethernet/IP, will that work?

Please help.

URGENT!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You'll need an e-net side car module. Check the AB web-site for series
and revision compatibility. In addition, if the side-car is an option
you'll have to free up the slot right next to the PLC.

Good Luck

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

So u mean to say that communication with PLC5/30 series A and series C over ethernet/IP is possible but the processor require e-net side car module?

There is also the possibility to use a 1761-NET-ENI connected over serial port of your PLC-5 if it is free...
Just it is not a "direct" ethernet connection, but it is bridged over serial port (speed max 19200 bps :cry: )

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]