G3 HMI - Dial-up modem to Internet?

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
I urgently need to be able connect a G306 to the Internet via a Dial-up modem, so that I can use it to send an email.
As on Friday, we have someone from our Internet Provider comming, and we want to be able to link remote G3 HMIs to our company mail server, to send alarm emails.

Normally these remote G3 HMIs will have internet access via ADSL routers, however for the tests on Friday, the Test G306 will be sat on my desk, and needs to link to the internet, via something other than our Company network. Hence the old dial-up modem route.

I have a working dial-up account - Checked using my laptop's internal modem.

But I am having problems getting the G306 & the modem (Hayes Accura 336 v.34 modem) to connect to the Internet.

The modem is dialing up OK, but then after a few seconds it disconnects.

I am using ResolveDNS to confirm connection to the Internet, but not getting any value.

Any suggestions.

I have attached the test HIM program.

Last edited: