Uploading a program from a A-B 2711P-K6M20A8 pANELVIEW PLUS 600

ksa858

I uploaded a program file from a PanelView Plus 600 and that program file has been saved in the Runtime Directory for Factory Talk. When I open up Factory Talk Machine Edition and I want to open that application but it is not listed in the application box.How do I transfer that file from the Runtime Directory to the Machine Edition Application box?

You need to go into the application manager and restore runtime application.

This can only be done if the original programmer has allowed this on download.

If you are asked for a password the chances are it is just blank.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Mark

Well done!

Just a quick note here...

swayne76 said:
...You can restore an .apa file from a .mer file...

Geospark said:
...You do not restore an MER file to an APA file...

...You are attempting to restore an MER file to an MED file and sub-folders...

swayne76,

Just be careful with what is what here.

One is always attempting to restore to an MED (Machine Edition Development) file and sub-folders, whether you have an MER file or an APA file.

One is never restoring an MER file to an APA file, or vice versa.

An APA (APplication Archive) file is just a backup file of the MED file and sub-folders for safe keeping or transfer to another user, etc.

To open and edit an application, one must have an MED file and sub-folders.

So,

The Application Manager can restore either an MER file or an APA file to an MED file and sub-folders.

This was the distinction I was trying to make in that other thread.

Regards,
George