Compare With Ab Plc To Siemens Plc

anshah

Hi,
Can You Tell Me The Equivalent Ab Plc With S7 300 Series Of Siemens Plc.

???? Waiting For Your Valuable Answer.

/shrug To each his (her) own.
Personally, I'm thankful every single day that I never have to see a Siemens PLC/HMI/Program again :) There is one S5 PLC left in this facility, and it is due to be scrapped shortly.

What AB PLC? PLC2 or ControlLogix? Both are a world apart from each other. Comparing both to Siemens S7-300 is like asking to compare American vehicles to a Toyota Corolla without stating the make and model of the American vehicle: childrens three-wheeler or Chrysler Voyager.

If you take the comparison between AB CompactLogix and Siemens S7-300, I'd say it's a close match, but it depends largely on the application you have in mind. In some cases CompactLogix beats S7-300, in other cases it's the other way around. I took these two models into consideration because I teach how to use both, so I have a basis for comparison.

Kind regards,

Did you bother to search this site before you posted this (regularly discused) question?

PeterW said:
I'd say no comparison, Siemens is far superior in all ways :D
This is a universal truth. ;)

rdrast said:
Personally, I'm thankful every single day that I never have to see a Siemens PLC/HMI/Program again :) There is one S5 PLC left in this facility, and it is due to be scrapped shortly.

It is due to obsolete Step5 software. PG2000 software for S5 programming is much more friendly. Times ago I had started working with S5 under PG2000 (not Step5), but recently I had been forced to use Step5 for some reasons, it was really terrible.
S5 is not bad PLC. We have dozens of S5's in mill what I working for. Some of them are running continuously since early 80's.

504bloke said:
That'll set the cat among the pigeons..........

I don't know, hopefully the AB VS Siemens bashing threads are wore out on here by now since I don't think we've had a good one in awhile... They turn into an opinion type thread that after pages an pages of "debating" everyones opinion remains the same as it was before the thread started.

But since PeterW and KRK started it.

Siemens stinks, AB rules :)

Just kidding.

rdrast said:

Actually comparing Step 5 to PLC5, PLC3 and even PLC2, AB wins hand down.

Step 7 to Control Logix, I'm afraid CLX have gone backwards and Step 7 has jumped forward leaps and bounds.

Having worked with CLX for the past year now I find many things infuriating, Step 7 is far superior.

This of course can all change with newer developments in the future.

EDIT: I say this of course after being additionally infuriated recently when I had to remove more recent versions of CLX because I had to work on an older version for which I was told enterprise had to be removed, after removing a lot of other applications are completely screwed (wireless, CAD, etc).

I go as far to say, I currently hate CLX and would be glad if it was withdrawn from sale as a danger to PC health.

Last edited:
Alaric said:
Yesterday Bubba and Cletus were fighing over their Ford and Chevy pick-'m-up trucks. :mad:

On a couple of the automotive sites I visit the classic "Which is the Best" question is , which is the best oil and how often should I change it. Never ending.
The ansewer to all "Which is the Best" questions is "42"

Last edited: