SoMachine ethernet connection problems, PC to plc

ChanceGuy

Hi, I'm trying to connect my PC to my plc via ethernet and am having no luck.

SoMachine V4.2
TM251Mese controller with updated firmware.

I am plugged straight into the PLC from my pc via ethernet cable. I have tried both ethernet 1 and 2 on the PLC although I understand ethernet 1 is the preferred connection.

I can login to the PLC via the usb cable just fine. I used that to update the IP and subnet mask of the PLC.

The PLC is set currently fixed.
no gateway

I have my pc ip address fixed as well.
no gateway.

I can see the controller from the SoMachine controller screen and even ping it over ethernet, just can't login.

https://ibb.co/iXFDVd

iXFDVd

I have tried other ip addresses as well as every subnet mask(255.255.255.0 and 255.0.0.0) on both the PC and PLC. I have my wi fi disabled as well so that only my wired connection is active.

I'm currently out of ideas on what to do. I can't access my drives when connected via USB and want to be able to use a ethernet connection to log in when in the field.

Problem was solved. Had to get in to the Schneider Gateway management console and direct the LAN to the current IP address i had programmed into the computer. It was still stuck on an old IP not being used.