Problems with BootP seeing the MAC address on 22-COMM-E for Powerflex 40

The powerflex manual refers to the built-in display as an 'Integral Keypad' not an HIM.

For configuring a 22-COMM-E, the adapter manual indicates a 'PowerFlex 4-Class HIM (22-HIM-*)' is required.

Other possible methods of configuring would be DriveExplorer/DriveExecutive or RSNetworx for Ethernet/IP if you have access to one of those and any necessary cable.

Last edited:
I've ran into multiple issues while trying to use BOOTp on my laptop, the only time i've had 100% sucess rate with BOOTp is when in using an old windows XP laptop. If you have one of those available, use it.

If not let me know if you figure it out because I gave up trying on the newer version of windows, lol.

And to get mac address I'm pretty sure no parameters need to be changed, once you power up the drive you can start searching for your comm card.

The only difference between the two is the boot-up in the old windows xp it doesnt give you that pop-up of different IP and 'unknown' ones. So if youre positive your subnet/gateway is correct theres a high possibility its something to do with that initial IP you chose at the boot up

Last edited:
All of my Powerflex 40's are 40p so I have no integral keypad. As plvlce pointed out I use the 22-HIM-C2S connected to the RS-485 port on the 22-ECOMM to set my IP's
then I can use CCW to set my parameters.