Need S5 Programmer

JRoss

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anybody in or near Central Pennsylvania that has the capability of uploading Siemens S5 specialty modules like the WF470 or M726? If so direct message me, I need some onsite support in Lititz. Not an emergency, but customer is having trouble with a couple of their machines.
Thanks,
Jeremy

We have had similar issues with Omron in the past. We contacted our Omron rep and he recommended some local companies. Perhaps Siemens knows some people, they might even have an in-house expert.

Back in the day... 10ish years ago, it was very hard to find anyone for support on S5's in the states, we brought over guys from Germany several times, Siemens support is great but they were not much help with S5's and when it came to specialty mods they were at a loss, I had a HMI display that went bad so I had to manually wire the machine and write a procedure (from memory) for startup... that was a long night, even longer next day

There was one person that was up north and was a forum member, he was great with S5's, I think that would be your only shot... I will try and remember there name but it was something like S5 Guy

And that was 10 years ago! Wow...
Well, maybe S5 Guy will see this post and take pity. I talked with my vendor, and just sent him pics of the modules I took yesterday, but his reaction was basically the same as yours: "Good luck! I think they waited too long to address the upgrade."